Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274102 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2013, 09:41:37 AM »
Hey guys i was FINALLY able to upload a vid to youtube and embed it lol, excuse the off sound, when i converted it to mp4 it got a little dumb on me lol.

Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse fangame

I'll be posting an update vid in the next few days as more bugs are worked out.  Hopefully if everything continues to run smooth i'll be releasing the playable demo for you guys  ;D
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2013, 09:58:53 AM »
I'd very much prefer if you'd stick to a single voice set for Trevor as opposed to a mixture of different voices. Try sticking to either his CoD voice set or his Judgment voice set, for example.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2013, 10:04:51 AM »
That's what i was thinking after making the vid actually lol.  Judgment was a good idea dude, i havent checked yet but do you know if there are any sound rips from it floating around anywhere?  I could use judgment for most of my characters for that matter!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »
But what about a voice appropriate for item crashes, I dont remember if we can find a similar shout in CoD or Judgment.

Also THIS thread have links for Judgment sounds, but these links are dead. You should try to contact omegasigma since he ripped these sounds.

I've never tried, but I know that its easy to convert these sound files with the correct program, the thing is that I dont have a Judgment ISO right now and my game should be in a random box somewhere.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »
+1
idle sprite

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2013, 06:29:08 AM »
But what about a voice appropriate for item crashes, I dont remember if we can find a similar shout in CoD or Judgment.

Also THIS thread have links for Judgment sounds, but these links are dead. You should try to contact omegasigma since he ripped these sounds.

I've never tried, but I know that its easy to convert these sound files with the correct program, the thing is that I dont have a Judgment ISO right now and my game should be in a random box somewhere.
I have those Judgment sounds.
idle sprite
Loving the stance, but I think the breathing is off. You should exaggerate the chest moving in and out waaay more and then I think you'll have it. Don't be subtle dude, really push the animation and then if you need to tone it down, work backwards from that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:32:22 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2013, 07:02:51 AM »
Needs moar bounce... >.>
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »
I have those Judgment sounds.Loving the stance, but I think the breathing is off. You should exaggerate the chest moving in and out waaay more and then I think you'll have it. Don't be subtle dude, really push the animation and then if you need to tone it down, work backwards from that.

Needs moar bounce... >.>

I like how you are requesting features you can't find even in the konami's sprites, to a novice spriter like me, guys  ;).  I'll try to add the chest moving, but i think there's a reason why charlotte, shanoa, yoko, maria lack of breathing animation

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
I think something that looks unnatural about it is that the left arm moves up with the chest while breathing. I think the left arm should stay gripping the belt. It's like her whole upper body moves rather than just her chest.

But it looks really good as it is. Your cloth animation is great. I could have used your help while working on my sprites. Cloth is something I struggle with.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »
I think something that looks unnatural about it is that the left arm moves up with the chest while breathing. I think the left arm should stay gripping the belt. It's like her whole upper body moves rather than just her chest.

But it looks really good as it is. Your cloth animation is great. I could have used your help while working on my sprites. Cloth is something I struggle with.

Yeah, that move looks unnatural. I'll try to fix the left arm.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »
I like how you are requesting features you can't find even in the konami's sprites, to a novice spriter like me, guys  ;).  I'll try to add the chest moving, but i think there's a reason why charlotte, shanoa, yoko, maria lack of breathing animation
Yep, dude you should take that as a compliment.

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2013, 11:57:14 PM »
As i suspected making the breathing is difficult, at least for me. Very few pixels available to work with. Tried several times, this is my best attempt today

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: September 03, 2013, 05:44:32 AM »
As i suspected making the breathing is difficult, at least for me. Very few pixels available to work with. Tried several times, this is my best attempt today
Definitely, getting better! You are looking at some kind of reference right?
http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=14693.0
http://2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:53:42 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: September 03, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »
Definitely, getting better! You are looking at some kind of reference right?
http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=14693.0
http://2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/

No. I'm not using references. I don't like using references for human characters. Adding breathing to the guy sprite is easy because the size is 2x bigger than sypha's sprite.

Those spriting tutorials are great. Added to my favorites. Thanks

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #269 on: September 03, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »
To me it seems that their boobs are becoming smaller and larger lol
But its clearly on the right path, you are almost there :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: