Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ronda Rousey Has Fallen.  (Read 4330 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: November 15, 2015, 08:17:15 AM »
Who saw Holly Holm knock out Ronda Rousey with that brutal head kick in the 2nd round at UFC 193?

Crazy.

Thoughts?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »
yea it was crazy. i dont think anybody was expecting Ronda Rousey to lose. but im sure there will be a rematch & she'll be back

i just wanna see Floyd Mayweather get knocked out, someone needs to humble his ass

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 09:30:13 AM »
yea it was crazy. i dont think anybody was expecting Ronda Rousey to lose. but im sure there will be a rematch & she'll be back

i just wanna see Floyd Mayweather get knocked out, someone needs to humble his ass

Yeah, there is tons of heat coming down on Ronda. (Miesha Tate? Really bitch? You got beat not once but twice.)

I think that's bullshit. She's the champ of course she's going to talk sh*t. If you think of yourself any less than that you are going to lose and get hurt.

There is a difference from being cocky and confident and people (especially now) think you have to always play that political correct bullshit.

I think confidence and cockiness is a fine line. I am a big believer in the body responding to what your mind is feeding it. I think you have to believe you are the best even if you are not.

Ronda is still a badd woman.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 01:51:04 AM »
Yeah, there is tons of heat coming down on Ronda. (Miesha Tate? Really bitch? You got beat not once but twice.)

I think that's bullshit. She's the champ of course she's going to talk sh*t. If you think of yourself any less than that you are going to lose and get hurt.

There is a difference from being cocky and confident and people (especially now) think you have to always play that political correct bullshit.

I think confidence and cockiness is a fine line. I am a big believer in the body responding to what your mind is feeding it. I think you have to believe you are the best even if you are not.

Ronda is still a badd woman.

I respectfully disagree & am glad she got taken down a couple'a notches.

There IS a difference between shit talking good naturedly (I'm a pro at that) & then being a cunt, which Rhonda wholeheartedly was from what I could gather. Every word from her mouth oozed narcissism to me, which is well beyond self esteem and confidence. The majority seem to be on a pc bandwagon, yes, but I don't think it's pc to have respect & a modicum of humility. That's another thing - it seems humility is often confused with lowering oneself purposefully due to having little self esteem, which is horseshit.

Anyway, yeah, Rhonda can fight, but that doesn't give her the right to act like the junior high brat-bitch bully she came off as. Maybe this will help her to grow up.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:06:36 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
I respectfully disagree & am glad she got taken down a couple'a notches.

There IS a difference between shit talking good naturedly (I'm a pro at that) & then being a cunt, which Rhonda wholeheartedly was from what I could gather. Every word from her mouth oozed narcissism to me, which is well beyond self esteem and confidence. The majority seem to be on a pc bandwagon, yes, but I don't think it's pc to have respect & a modicum of humility. That's another thing - it seems humility is often confused with lowering oneself purposefully due to having little self esteem, which is horseshit.

Anyway, yeah, Rhonda can fight, but that doesn't give her the right to act like the junior high brat-bitch bully she came off as. Maybe this will help her to grow up.

Well, alot of people don't remember.

Remember when RR was first awarded the Women's Bantamweight Championship? Remember how all her peers and the public said how she was just handed the championship and how even after her first couple of victories she still didn't deserve it?

It reminds me of a similar situation I had in my undergrad how I was the type of person that always kept to myself but treated everyone how I thought I would like to be treated. When I first got my internship in the industry all of my over privileged peers starting talking sh*t about me, saying how I wasn't good enough to earn a position like that,and even trying to sabotage me even though I didn't ever say anything about any of them so naturally of course, I seemed like a asshole to them.

Now after continuing my career and having some moderate levels of success if I was to ever run into one of them people I wouldn't go out of my way to be an asshole, but I would be an asshole. I even see certain people checking from that cliq checking out my Linkedin from time to time even though I put all that behind me and didn't let it drag me down.

Everyone was bashing RR because she was talking smack when people forget her peers talked smack about her first! The bad part about it is that there was a point where she fought contenders that were legitimately threats to her and she beat them all, some multiple times.

I think I can relate to her in that level. If I made it to the top of the mountain after the majority of my peers didn't help me in the slightest and tried to hold me back, I would make sure that I kept them down under my foot and stomp them out when they reared their ugly heads.

I don't even know why a section of the public is angry at her. For the most part from what I have seen she is pretty friendly to everyone on and off cam. (Hence, the politically correct crap.) Remember, her last fight? That fighter taking about her father? All I hear is RR talking about how she is going to whip her opponents. I mean she's the champ and honestly, unless you want to get hurt if you can psych your opponent out mentally, what is wrong with that?

Quite frankly, she just got beat by a better fighter. And I blame the majority of that on her coach, but that's a whole other can of worms..

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:49:47 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 06:12:47 PM »
I don't even know why a section of the public is angry at her.

they are angry becuz she was showing poor sportsmanship by not touching gloves with Holly before the fight, cussing her out all over social media calling her a "fake ass bitch," how shes going to enjoy every minute of beating the shit out of her, etc. not to mention she predicted her own loss by going on Jimmy Fallon last week & saying how Holly was gonna try to kick her in the head but "its not going to go down like that"

for her to lose the way she did, after all of the above, is not a respectable loss but a humiliating one. she had every right to be cocky with her flawless record, but theres a very narrow line between confident & douchebag which she may have stepped a couple inches over

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 06:24:18 PM »
they are angry becuz she was showing poor sportsmanship by not touching gloves with Holly before the fight, cussing her out all over social media calling her a "fake ass bitch," how shes going to enjoy every minute of beating the shit out of her, etc. not to mention she predicted her own loss by going on Jimmy Fallon last week & saying how Holly was gonna try to kick her in the head but "its not going to go down like that"

for her to lose the way she did, after all of the above, is not a respectable loss but a humiliating one. she had every right to be cocky with her flawless record, but theres a very narrow line between confident & douchebag which she may have stepped a couple inches over
That I can buy, it's not all her fault though. Especially that she faced a Preacher's Daughter and people are quick to jump on that biblical bandwagon and villainize RR. People are nasty.

Holly Holm has no choice but to look like an angel, I don't buy all that soft spoken crap from her either and now praising RR after brutally KO-ing her.

Did you guys see that TMZ vid of RR hitting LA covering her face? Man, Ronda just looked embarrassed. It was like when she broke down after that fight, not used to seeing her like that the whole thing was odd to me. That's why I think she is emotionally flawed.

I can relate to trying to be TBITW and trying so hard when no one has your back. I am sure that emotionally it was also just as crushing.

One thing is I hope she fires that coach of her's. It doesn't help a few days before the fight RR's mom said he was a bad person and she should fire him.

All this reminds me of the plot of Rocky V with Tommy Gunn.. lol
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 06:31:36 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 02:49:03 AM »
I haven't really heard much of what she's said (haven't been able to see a PPV since Condit vs Diaz, ugh), so I don't really have an opinion either way. I mean, people think Frank Mir is a douche, too, and I love the guy. But it was funny to see everyone on the Sherdog forums dogpiling her after she lost. Sounds like they were all sick of hearing the hype. I imagine it would be the same if Jones or McGregor had fought and lost.

Everyone was bashing RR because she was talking smack when people forget her peers talked smack about her first! The bad part about it is that there was a point where she fought contenders that were legitimately threats to her and she beat them all, some multiple times.

This is what kind of made me empathize with Brock Lesnar when he was fighting. Yeah, he did some stupid crap like trying to ride Heath Herring like a horse and ranting about Bud Light during after a win, but most of his early opponents (except Couture) talked down to him because of his pro wrestling background. It seemed like they were the ones who provoked him to begin with.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:55:44 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 09:48:42 AM »
Personally I don't have a problem with people losing a match, especially the arrogant ones. It teaches them humility, that they are not all that they think they are. Having their gilded throne atop of their high horse being kicked out from underneath of them is so very gratifying to hear about. I consider it very necessary to lose a fight in order to help grow one's self--to reflect on what went differently in the ring and whether or not it was cockiness that led to the defeat. It is unfortunate that there are some very arrogant people who never get to feel defeat and never learn this important lesson that it could offer them in order to become a better person.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 11:03:57 AM »
1. Hopefully she comes back with a new coaching team.

2. When she does return, I bet money she is going to be ultra vicious.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 02:58:14 AM »
+2
As the Iron Sheik would say, she needed a humbling, she got one. There's confidence (Ali trash talked his opponents, but didn't do it in a mean way, but he backed up what he said, and took a few losses along the way). As for Mayweather, boxing is really not the best it can be anymore and I believe he's retired, so he won't take a loss, instead he joins Rocky Marciano as the only other man who  finished his career undefeated. Would've loved to see him get his ass knocked out with all the running around he did in the ring.

Tags: