Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821287 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed- Castlevania: Mirror of Faith(fate?)
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »
Sumac isn't exactly the most rational member of this forum, just saying...
The poster after Sumac I agreed with too.
For someone that isn't rational he made good points.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »
+1
As it turns out, the domain "CastlevaniaMirrorofFate" has been registered by Konami since February, so the title of the game is true. However, going by what Cox said about the information being misunderstood, I'm willing to bet that this is actually the title for the console sequel and that they have no Castlevania 3DS game in development. 

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3ds )
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2012, 12:13:01 PM »
As it turns out, the domain "CastlevaniaMirrorofFate" has been registered by Konami since February, so the title of the game is true. However, going by what Cox said about the information being misunderstood, I'm willing to bet that this is actually the title for the console sequel and that they have no Castlevania 3DS game in development.

The info said we would have two castlevania announcements though, so I doubt that's the case.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2012, 12:13:48 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Cox-kun, and I'm still looking forward to this. I'd like to see if it does feature Alucard. I wouldn't mind if it's either in 2D or 3D, as long as it's good. I do hope the soundtrack is better.

Also again,  Ahaseverus, you're still mistaken of the extent of Cox's involvement with the original  series. His first game was SotN, not CV X68000. Here's X68000's credits: http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/end-x68.htm

Note the lack of Cox-kun anywhere. He had nothing to do with the series until 1997, and again, only in marketing and distribution for Europe. CV X68000 wasn't even released outside of Japan in 1993.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2012, 12:13:57 PM »
The info said we would have two castlevania announcements though, so I doubt that's the case.

So what? The second game doesn't have to be made by Mercury Steam.

Offline kingu

• Dragon
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • You should have saying!
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
I'll choose to ignore those comments as I spent my time defending what I was saying, and was merely implying people should keep an open mind before judging a game without seeing anything because everyone knows judging before seeing is the true juvenile thing to do....
what

you lambasted the iga games and their supposed fans, generalizing them as preferring "anime" shit and such and in turn praised lords for the most basic components.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »
Or the 3DS game could have a totally different title.
Stop this, please.
Some people can, some can't. I'm sure I can't see nothing that resembles Castlevania for at least the first third of the game, aside from the names.

Why? If people can keep bitching and posting how much LoS isnt a Castlevania and how the franchise is dead, I can keep posting what makes it a Castlevania to me.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
+1
I will not put it up on the Site until there's a screenshot.
However, I will write it on the news as a rumor.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »

Yes, I'm just being biased.  :)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »
This sounds like a very likely possibility, but I hope not. I really need a new Castlevania on my 3DS.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2012, 12:16:59 PM »
Why? If people can keep bitching and posting how much LoS isnt a Castlevania and how the franchise is dead, I can keep posting what makes it a Castlevania to me.
Because it leads to flamewars. I tought you wanted these to stop.

These type of things never end, you can't convince no one in the end, neither they can convince you.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
Yes, I'm just being biased.  :)
lol. I personally dont want a 3DS game, for aforementioned reasons, (dont have a 3DS, dont want to see the series relegated to handhelds AGAIN) and would prefer a console 360/ps3 game.

Because it leads to flamewars. I tought you wanted these to stop.
Yous should try and convince your side to stop too then. ALL parties involved should stop. But I just dont think it will happen.

guys? if we cant stop arguing about this? can we at least make a new thread solely to duke out our arguments so as to not clutter this thread?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2012, 12:18:42 PM »
what

you lambasted the iga games and their supposed fans, generalizing them as preferring "anime" shit and such and in turn praised lords for the most basic components.

Stop arguing about it? I dropped it last page.
I made my points as to why i defended LOS and I was only pointing out people let IGA stuff slide all the time, and I defended my position by naming why it's clearly very castlevania like.

You don't agree? That's fine I was just pointing out how dumb it is to hate a game we haven't even seen yet.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »
Stop arguing about it? I dropped it last page.
I made my points as to why i defended LOS and I was only pointing out people let IGA stuff slide all the time, and I defended my position by naming why it's clearly very castlevania like.

You don't agree? That's fine I was just pointing out how dumb it is to hate a game we haven't even seen yet.
You started being totally wrong, with the most ridiculous arguments to boot.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
AAAAAND HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Tags: .....? 

anything