Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is there a rom hack for Castlevania IV?  (Read 9180 times)

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
  • How Do I Get the IV Upgrade?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Is there a rom hack for Castlevania IV?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 02:22:27 AM »
Oh, that's okay man!  I won't bother him about it as knowing it from this thread is good enough for me :)

Not much into PC stuff though was offered from a few people on here ages ago that if I ever wanted to make a Castlevania PC game I'd let them know about it.  Not sure on which project I would do for PC since I'm mainly into ROM hacks :)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 12:06:25 AM »
Yeah, my efforts turned to a generic UI made in Game Maker Studio for my commercial game ideas.
When I got that about 90-ish% done, I moved on to a Megaman style platform engine.
Megaman is a bit simpler than CV, so I figured it would be more useful to start on something easier and then use the result to build on for my CV ideas.
In the end I'm planning to release my GameMaker projects so other can use them to make their own stuff without having to start from scratch.
As for myself, they will be used as starting points for my commercial games.

I do have a nearly complete engine for a Demon's Crest style game, but I want to combine that with the new UI I made and finish off the last couple of features before I release it and do something with it myself.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:10:15 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 12:56:22 PM »
Well if you look at RHDN, there are a few hacks of Super Castlevania IV.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 04:28:41 PM »
I made a hack to change icons and subweapons in CV4. I also made a palette hack of to make it same colors so it looks more like CV1.

Tags:

anything