Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Legends NES  (Read 45775 times)

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
  • How Do I Get the IV Upgrade?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Legends NES (Akumajou Densetsu Hack)
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2019, 08:16:00 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z4V4hwMEcU&feature=youtu.be

Tidbits video that explains on what I'll be  using :)

To the lazy people that are allergic to clicking links.  Going to be using my future MMC5 sound engine from Umbral for Legends NES along with other stuff that I'll be making.  Due to how powerful and big MMC5 can be I'm definitely convinced this is the ideal chip to go with for projects to make them stand out within the crowd.  I hope those take this into consideration too :)

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Castlevania Legends NES (Akumajou Densetsu Hack)
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2019, 09:10:09 AM »
The track in your video is sick, I'm a huge fan of hearing retro-esque sounds / synthesizers in modern music. You've got to work on that video quality though, man. The video is hard locked to 480p and below for me which is kind of insane this day and age. I'm not sure what you're using to record your screen, but I'd highly suggest checking out "Open Broadcaster Software (OBS Studio)". It's a free / open source software that's super useful for screen recording or live streaming. Honestly there's not much reason to use anything else, I use it for recording clips of my own game project and it works great.

Also, seeing the difficulty associated with finding a programmer to make a tool for hacking Akumajou Densetsu I'm going to again recommend looking into finding a guy who knows Game Maker Studio or Clickteam Fusion. The Castlevania 3 engine isn't at all complicated and anyone moderately familiar with said game engines could probably remake relatively easily.

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
  • How Do I Get the IV Upgrade?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2019, 04:20:26 PM »
I'm aware of the video quality.  Not sure how to boost it up properly in Camtasia Studio as every time I attempt to make it that 720p, or whatever setting the highest is, the quality always goes back down which annoys the daylight out of me.

Got a link to this recording program?  Times I don't trust my own searching  methods :P

Forgot to reply to the CV3 comment.

The thing is.  If I can actually find someone that wants to do a project on the CV3 engine I would love to get its resources and make a game of that from scratch in the format of a Metroidvania type setting but for VoH 2 and utilize everything that MMC5 has to offer.  Not sure I'd put it on Game Maker and whatever else but actually programmed in the style of the NES so it can be played on NES emulators though dunno on how those programs you listed work as I'd like to stick to ROM hacking/editing and NES homebrews only.  I will have my own custom MMC5 sound engine next year for Umbral so I'm going to use that for all of my MMC5 ROM related hacks. 

I entirely gave up on the concept of VRC6 as people love to troll or ridicule me about that for some reason without fully knowing all of the details from what I've learned and before sharing said details.  At this point, VRC6 just isn't worth it anymore.  Was even willing to pay someone to do the VRC6 hacking/editing so stuff can be open to me and eventually the public.  My team is still standing by on the side if someone ever does come up but, again, pushed that idea to the side entirely.  Probably won't even believe anyone that will step up and offer actual help as I've been burned on it way too much these past 2 years.  So much drama I am thinking about writing a book on it, not gonna lie :P

Anyway, have to see on what happens after Umbral, Legends NES and now Bloodlust :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:30:53 PM by Sinis »

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2019, 05:31:59 PM »
I'm aware of the video quality.  Not sure how to boost it up properly in Camtasia Studio as every time I attempt to make it that 720p, or whatever setting the highest is, the quality always goes back down which annoys the daylight out of me.

Got a link to this recording program?  Times I don't trust my own searching  methods

Absolutely! As a man who once used Camtasia Studio myself, I can personally attest that after using OBS I'd never go back.
The software can be downloaded at https://obsproject.com/.

The thing is.  If I can actually find someone that wants to do a project on the CV3 engine I would love to get its resources and make a game of that from scratch in the format of a Metroidvania type setting but for VoH 2 and utilize everything that MMC5 has to offer.  Not sure I'd put it on Game Maker and whatever else but actually programmed in the style of the NES so it can be played on NES emulators though dunno on how those programs you listed work as I'd like to stick to ROM hacking/editing and NES homebrews only.  I will have my own custom MMC5 sound engine next year for Umbral so I'm going to use that for all of my MMC5 ROM related hacks.

I always thought the idea of the "full conversion" ROMHacks was really interesting as theoretically you could get your game to run on a modified NES Classic or something similar. If this is strictly what you're going for I can understand and respect that. After all, "Castltevania: Spectral Interlude" set out to do the same thing and that project looked to be a resounding success after it was released.

My main thought process was that if you used a modern game engine for development, you could still keep the nostalgic NES aesthetic intact but have more freedom to do other things like smooth parallax scrolling, improved character animations, lighting, custom controls, etc. that could really help the experience. Brave Earth: Prologue and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon are great examples of modern games designed around NES styling. Not trying to hijack your project or anything, just food for thought. I think no matter which route you choose your project has some awesome potential!  :)

anything