Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Legends NES  (Read 45769 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania IV: Resurrection of Darkness (was Legends NES) ROM Hack
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2018, 10:37:05 AM »
That looks gorgeous  :)  Keep sticking to your guns and this hack will be phenomenal.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
  • How Do I Get the IV Upgrade?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2018, 07:34:19 PM »
I plan on it :)

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2018, 09:16:55 AM »
Well, to update this thread in an interesting and embarrassing way.

I had a friend dig around for me a bit to see on what could be done about this name change bullshit a month back.  I got conned.  Everyone needs a hobby right?  Anyway.  Did my in-depth research on everything related to ROM's last night as I was furious about this let alone wanted to see where all the legal lines run.  Turns out I can keep Legends NES as an actual title as no one can do anything about it even if its from side sources.  If its from the actual source of Konami themselves then I have to change or in 99.9% of the time of what they make people do is cancel on what I'm doing from that cease and desist legal stuff they hand out.

I'm still new to all of this.  First experience for everything.  Did this make me look like an idiot?  Yeah, it did.  A total embarrassment  :P

With all of that said I'm taking the Sonia Belmont project out of Chorus of Mysteries and Cadence of Agony fanverse and setting this back into 1376 as Legends NES.

I'm gonna shell up for the rest of the weekend.  Screwed up people are always the worse to deal with.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2018, 10:00:44 AM »
Everybody makes mistakes, it's what makes us human. What's important is to learn from them and move past them. So don't worry too much okay? Even if your projects hits the occasional snag We'll still be here waiting for you to finish it  ;)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2018, 07:09:23 AM »
Around stuff going on this week I had time to fiddle and add a few more things into Stage 3, Dora Woods :)

Redoing some things for color.

Cave system, still working out the kinks.  There will be a background to it instead of being black.

Does this look familiar?  I hope it does as I'm trying  my best to recreate this certain water area from the video that was taken down.  Not sure if I will be going with a mountain range in the back as I'll add my own thing.

Stage 1 got a color edit as I'm changing certain things to start off the game with.

That's about all for now :)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2018, 10:13:01 AM »
Looks great man!

Glad to see you took the name Legends back.

Best of luck!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2018, 09:36:37 AM »
Looks great man!

Glad to see you took the name Legends back.

Best of luck!

Indeed.  Now that I know better on that sort of thing no one can derail things that I'm working on or will be working on.  I'm saving Resurrection of Darkness title back for a Castlevania 1 hack once I'm done with this and another Akumajou Densetsu project :)

As of right now, stage 3 is about 3/4 done.  The waterway area's new look.

Forgot to post this up here.  Was working on a new title a while back.  I've decided to go with the third option.

I'm hoping to have this stage done this coming week so I can get to stage 4 which should go a bit faster this time around in making it  :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2018, 10:18:04 AM »
They look good. But I still miss the traditional Classic Castlevania 'C'  :'(

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2018, 12:33:35 PM »
I don't have the room in the title area to make the classical C of how I wanted it so had that version instead.  If I can find someone to extend the title area I would make it the classical C but that part has no luck.  Been trying to find someone that knows how to program everything that I need along with editing the music, once I'm done with my stuff and nesfan getting tracks out more often of course, but no one wants to join my project even when I got all of my stuff done beforehand.  Thought I had someone once but they wanted money for a freeware game and that is frowned upon something heavily.  Sephirous can only do so much as he gets the stuff I cannot but the actual assembly and all that for the VRC6, no one yet.

I'm well aware that programming isn't an overnight thing as it will take months to complete stuff but holy hell trying to find someone willing to join me on Legends NES and my other stuff has become extremely difficult let alone someone trustworthy that won't hijack the project or hold it for ransom.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2018, 02:01:33 PM »
Hoping that title screen palette is different. Still hella hyped for this release tho
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2018, 04:25:26 PM »
It will be way different.  That is from stuff that I make in photoshop by using the same colors from the YYCHR program over my previous created title (helps me keep track of the colors by inputting it in.)  Its how I do everything to make sure it fits into the YYCHR game data and once satisfied, I input it over :)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2018, 11:11:12 AM »
If I was you I would be grabbing a copy of this thing: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1316851183/nesmaker-make-nes-games-no-coding-required

Not only do you get to skip learning to write assembly for the money you can't really beat it. This makes putting together projects like this one a piece of cake and it outputs a rom that can be flashed and played on the original hardware even.

Just saying this might really lighten the amount of work needed to be done even re-writing this one from scratch and for ultra cheap.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »
My music guy, nesfan, pointed that out to  me and I plan on getting that sometime myself.  I asked the creators on Facebook about the music formats and they said that they will eventually get around to the program using the actual stuff from FamiTracker ported on over to the game itself.

I already have about 7 projects written down for when I can buy it.  Going to see about doing a homebrew remake of Simon's Quest but with my own take on it.  I know that everyone wants to do a remake of it however I have my own in depth plans to make this one stand out among the rest :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
If I was you I would be grabbing a copy of this thing: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1316851183/nesmaker-make-nes-games-no-coding-required

Holy s**t Corpscrank, awesome find! I bookmarked it for future reference since it doesn't look ready for release yet. Since I have ideas of my own this will be of tremendous help  8)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »
Holy s**t Corpscrank, awesome find! I bookmarked it for future reference since it doesn't look ready for release yet. Since I have ideas of my own this will be of tremendous help  8)

I figured you would like that  ;D

Seriously though I might just have to snag a copy myself it looks really easy to use form all the videos I saw demonstrating it. I am currently in the midst of one insane nes mod right now also and I would love to flash some carts with various mods and rom hacks like the one you are doing once I get done modding this monster.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

anything