Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Stupid tourist questions  (Read 13837 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« on: April 04, 2017, 10:49:26 PM »
I don't know how or why, but these idiots somehow manage to seek me out and ask the dumbest of questions.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 10:54:02 PM »
+1
"Where's McDonald's?"

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 11:03:54 PM »
Just yesterday, someone approached me, touched my shoulder, and asked me where I got the empanada platter from at Hollywood studios.  I guarantee that If she kept walking and looked to the left, she would've saw that you get them from fairfax fare.  As I have EXTREME Social Anxiety, that is a big NO NO for me.  If I don't know you, you don't touch me.  They taught kids this kind of stuff in kindergarten.  It was called 'good touch, bad touch'.  Jesus Christ, people can be dense sometimes.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 05:28:28 AM »
"Is this Gluten Free?"
*facepalm* It's a Hotdog.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 06:12:08 AM »
I am quite amazed living in London at how Britain seems to have some of the most polite and some of the rudest people. It's like when they get drunk all the politeness wears off.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:33:04 AM »
+3
"I make shit, your house now?"
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 09:14:54 AM »
+1
Where is the house?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 10:02:10 AM »
As I have EXTREME Social Anxiety, that is a big NO NO for me.  If I don't know you, you don't touch me.

Tourists aren't mind readers. They're not going to know this about you unless you carry a sign that states otherwise. You also have to remember that depending where the tourist is coming from they may or may not about the good touch, bad touch thing. Not all schools teach this lesson. If you suffer from social anxiety issues then you should take this opportunity to work it out of you. Train yourself not to panic, flip out, or whatever else people with these issues do. Maybe the reason why all these tourists are seeking you out is because it's something you need. As in you need to get over your social anxiety and this is the fastest  and best way to do it. Just one of many ways the universe tests us. It downright sucks since the universe like to test me when it's most inconvenient for me. But nevertheless it is something that needs to get done by us all or it keeps on coming back  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »
+1
1. It doesn't matter if they don't know, it's still rude as hell to go up to someone you don't know and touch them.  It also constitutes physical harassment.

2.  As you are not a therepist, or have any background in psychology, you are not qualified to offer advice/help on my anxiety problem.

3. "The universe"?  Sounds like more new age crap from "The Secret".

4. As I am not a Disney Cast Member, I was not put on God's green earth to aid clueless tourists.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 11:10:56 AM »
+1
I would very much like it if someone could vent their personal frustrations with life on here without it being turned back around with spiritualistic subtext and pseudopsychological rhetoric being pushed on them like they're fundamentally wrong and just need to be "fixed" or "woken up" to a preconceived notion of what reality's about.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 12:40:37 PM »
^This times infinity.  I only went to Hollywood studios yesterday for the same reason I'm going to Animal kingdom tomorrow and Epcot Friday night: as a gold annual passholder, I get blocked out April 8th to the 21st.  Otherwise, If I wasn't blocked out, I would have gone to see power rangers or ghost in the shell at the local theater.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 01:25:13 PM »
+1
I would very much like it if someone could vent their personal frustrations with life on here without it being turned back around with spiritualistic subtext and pseudopsychological rhetoric being pushed on them like they're fundamentally wrong and just need to be "fixed" or "woken up" to a preconceived notion of what reality's about.

Being an adherent of Stoicism, that's exactly what I expect to happen most of the time.
"You can't really change the world. But you can change your personal approach to the world."
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 04:22:14 PM »
+1
I agree that tourists aren't mind-readers.
I also agree that, since tourists come from all walks of life, some may follow completely different culture sets, and what is a 'good touch' by someone's definition, doesn't really apply to another's... unless you're being grabbed by the crotch or something else like that, where it's a law.

Unless you plan on being a hermit, be prepared to have to deal with people (and even on on the Internet, people exist).  The world will not care that you have whatever or whatever other disorder thing.

As Freddy said:
"You can't really change the world. But you can change your personal approach to the world."

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 01:25:14 AM »
I think people ask you because you look friendly. I've been asked a lot of times everywhere I go, even when I'm also a tourist there. At least I wasn't asked stupid questions.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 07:08:31 AM »
I'm okay with the questions, as long as the other person respects my personal space. Believe it or not, the law actually says that simply touching someone without consent is battery.  Also, if you're traveling to other countries, or area(s) of the country you live in, maybe do some research before you travel there?  It doesn't take that long, and they won't look like a jackass, due to doing something considered taboo.

Tags:

anything