Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Least favorite (canon) Belmont?  (Read 40672 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2013, 06:18:52 AM »
+2
By the way, you are right, interior decorating was such a nice touch to Juste's personality...

It shows his artistic side.

Plus one of the items that can be collected is Wizard's Urn (Staring at this urn tends to induce sneezing.) which came from this anime Hakushon Daimaō or The Genie Family which was so funny when I watched it so long ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Genie_Family

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2013, 05:16:18 AM »
+3
I AM THE VERY MAN, I AM NOT A HORNY GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT INSULD TO ME WITH YOUR SAYED THINGS!!!!!!
This would make great nu-metal lyrics.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2013, 02:52:34 AM »
+2
It shows his artistic side.
It totally does!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Least favorite (canon) Belmont?
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2013, 06:41:47 AM »
My least favorite is Juste. He's slow. He looks to much like Alucard. And, his most useful attacks come from his spell-fusions instead of the whip. In all fairness, he comes off as more of a male Belnades than a Belmont.

And yes, I know Sypha was his ancestor. It's just that Belmonts are suppose to be warriors with magical powers, they aren't suppose to be mages. I mean once you have the first spell book, you can in essence play are a raw mage. As I said, he plays more like a Belnades than a Belmont.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2013, 07:50:31 AM »
My least favorite is Juste. He's slow.
I will disagree with this portion of your statement. The ability to press L&R so rapidly to blaze through rooms isn't really slow IMO . I thought he was fastest Belmont (not counting in HoD Julius with a good Omnia Vanitas user). And if u were referring to him being slow mentally then that isn't right based solely on his Mage like characteristics. I believe any Belmont given a Jump kick isn't slow.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2013, 10:37:09 AM »
I will disagree with this portion of your statement. The ability to press L&R so rapidly to blaze through rooms isn't really slow IMO . I thought he was fastest Belmont (not counting in HoD Julius with a good Omnia Vanitas user). And if u were referring to him being slow mentally then that isn't right based solely on his Mage like characteristics. I believe any Belmont given a Jump kick isn't slow.
I meant his base walking speed without dashing. I know all the Belmonts have slow walking speeds, but his walking speed seemed to be the slowest. The dashing is unnecessary if they would've just made him walk a little faster.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2013, 11:19:08 AM »
If you know how to make him powerful, Juste is one of the best characters on the series in terms of power and gameplay. At least that's what I can tell from personal experience.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2013, 11:34:50 AM »
If you know how to make him powerful, Juste is one of the best characters on the series in terms of power and gameplay. At least that's what I can tell from personal experience.
True, but he still plays more like a Belnades than a typical Belmont. I guess the Belnades genes are stronger in him than other member of the clan.  Most Belmonts use the whip as their most damaging means of attack. With Juste, he does the most damage with magic just like his ancestor Sypha.

If there were MP MAX UPs (there aren't any), he could be played as a pure mage. Actually, even without them, I still use magic as my primary means of attack. I only really use the whip when I'm out of MP.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2013, 11:58:54 AM »
I'm sure maging him isn't a problem for you, you are Darkwizard after all :P
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »
+1
Perhaps that's why he is my favourite Belmont  :)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2013, 05:29:05 PM »
I use the whip all the time in HoD, but I understand what you mean.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2013, 07:58:22 PM »
I'm sure maging him isn't a problem for you, you are Darkwizard after all :P
It's not. I actually prefer mages. I was just making the point that he's so radically different from the other Belmonts.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »
+1
It's not. I actually prefer mages. I was just making the point that he's so radically different from the other Belmonts.

Cause he is special!  :)

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2013, 11:11:55 PM »
Yes he is!  :)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2013, 05:26:42 AM »
Lets assume he is special due to his interior decorating skills adept use of spells! Definitely evolved from his granddad but not nearly as strong. I guess he uses them spells so he dont scratch his face from those excuses of monsters roaming the castle. He is special because he actually is friends with a NINJA and lived to tell about it :P
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags: