Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981476 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1395 on: May 26, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »
Oh damn, I forgot about that! Well I guess all we need is the basement key to see what someone pointed out earlier looks like a Wii port.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1396 on: May 26, 2015, 10:06:03 AM »
We actually have the basement key as well. Page should be updated later today....

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1397 on: May 26, 2015, 10:35:38 AM »
Yup.  I posted that we'd hit the $2,750,000 mark yesterday.  It looks like, according to xe, that Bloodstained has overtaken Yooka-Laylee. 
I fully intend to keep my copy of the game in a different case.  I'd have loved the signed collector's box, but the alchemist's treasure was sadly the furthest I could stretch my funds.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline riverman

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1398 on: May 26, 2015, 06:26:07 PM »
Well there it is, Wii port revealed.

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1399 on: May 26, 2015, 06:26:46 PM »
With that in mind, a lot of you have asked about ports—not just because you want them, but because you want to make sure that making them won't affect IGA's vision for the game. We have good news, and really good news.

The good news is, it won't: IGA and Inti Creates are going to continue developing the game as before, without compromise.

The really good news is how they're going to ensure it won't: At our next stretch goal Armature Studio will join the fray to handle the Wii U version.

If you haven't heard of Armature yet—and don't worry, you will soon enough—you've definitely heard of the work they've done: Armature was formed in Austin, Texas by a team of key developers from the Metroid Prime franchise, and since then they've worked with companies like EA, Konami, WB Games, Gearbox, and Sony to produce original games and HD remasters.

But we'll let them speak for themselves:

"When we were approached with the opportunity to assist with Bloodstained on Wii U, we were ecstatic. This style of game is one we are intimately familiar with from our Metroid Prime days, and it's exciting to once again put our familiarity with Nintendo hardware to good use. We have extensive remastering experience - our remastering projects include the Metal Gear Solid Collection for PS Vita, Injustice for PS Vita, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for PS4/XB1. We look forward to the challenge of making sure that the Wii U edition of Bloodstained stands proudly with its brethren on Unreal Engine 4."

Time to stop the fear mongering.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1400 on: May 26, 2015, 07:17:09 PM »
Wii U port, nice.

Bloodstained Amiibo's please?

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1401 on: May 26, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »

I mentioned it before. I think we need a twitter spam.

I tweeted to them about it, if people want to retweet or add-on.

https://twitter.com/tasteslikesin/status/602970490785943552

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1402 on: May 26, 2015, 07:29:25 PM »
I'm honestly very curious to how far they can take the stretch goals. Right now, I'm more interested in finding out what they are, rather than if we'll meet them.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1403 on: May 26, 2015, 08:10:34 PM »
Well there it is, Wii port revealed.

Sweet! I imagine there will be an uptick in funding now. Jorge, weren't you holding out for a Wii port? You now have an excuse to fund if you haven't already.  :P

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1404 on: May 26, 2015, 09:13:27 PM »
This'll only take a few days; I just wonder if they have any stretch goals in reserve because I can't think of much more they could add to the game.

Offline DonBorrelli

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #1405 on: May 26, 2015, 09:40:27 PM »
The Wii U stretch goal really gets me hyped up!  ;D . I wonder if there will be a proper physical copy on the system.

Offline The Most Curious Thing

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1406 on: May 26, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »
I tweeted to them about it, if people want to retweet or add-on.

https://twitter.com/tasteslikesin/status/602970490785943552

Could there be legal issues there?

Starting a viral campaign here is one thing, but I don't think they want the word "Castlevania" anywhere near the game itself.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1407 on: May 26, 2015, 10:34:59 PM »
Yes guys update 10 is up so not long to wii reach Wii U strench goal now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1243827

Current: $2,756,486

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1408 on: May 26, 2015, 10:39:45 PM »
Anyone hazard a guess at what exactly the stretch goal after Wii U is? Multiplayer...something.

Also, I've gotta wonder how exactly Armature will go about the Wii U port given that from what I hear Unreal Engine 4 isn't easy to backport to 3. Apparently it's doable with enough money though. The frightening thing is just...will it sell on Wii U?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1409 on: May 26, 2015, 11:24:56 PM »
Will this game be available for both PS4 and PSVita? I can swing with those.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything