Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lucadian Chronicles  (Read 2128 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:31:33 PM »
I picked up this title (in the eStore for the WiiU) mainly because it was free and I was curious.  It's alright if you like those card-battle games, but (of course!) the free version isn't the whole game, just the first campaign.  My main complaint is there isn't really any "tutorial" I've found to explain certain parts of the game.  While some of the "numbers" on cards are easy enough to figure out (the number with the sword through it is probably gonna be attack, while the number on the shield is probably gonna be defense, etc.!), there are other parts that I have no idea what they mean.  But no matter...it may be there if I'd bought the whole game anyway.

The reason I mention this is mainly because they have daily challenges.  Today's challenge was titled, "What a horrible night to have a curse"...which I thought everyone here might appreciate the nod to CV.  I'd have shared it earlier in case anyone wanted to see for themselves, but I only saw it shortly ago.
Otherwise, it's not a bad game if anyone wants to check it out.  I think the full game is about $7.  Not sure if I'll spring for it or not.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 10:12:40 PM »
I managed to beat 2 of the 3 battles in today's challenge. The title made me smile immediately.

I didn't have any trouble figuring out the game. I'm planning to get the full game when I get my 5$ reward from the digital rewards program.
I find the strategy to be enjoyable.
"Stuff and things."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »
I beat two of the three as well!

I've figured out some of it...but there are other things that I'm not sure I understand.  I would have expected people with a bow symbol on their attack to be ranged fighters, and thus would be able to attack from the back row, or attack enemies in the back row...however this doesn't always seem to be the case.  Several times, I've set the female archer across from someone in the back row, only to find she won't attack them.
Also, I'm not entirely sure what the colors and other buttons are on the left of your collection.  I assume the colors are elements, but then there are four buttons to the left of the elements that I don't know what they are.  I can't even tell for sure what the picture on them is, actually.  The bottom one looks like a grid, maybe?

I might get it too if I get some eStore money for Christmas...as I figure out new strategies, I find it more enjoyable!  I wish you could put out multiples of certain cards though.  I have 2 or 3 hawks, and a "Moat" magic card (non-arial characters lose 2 attack), which would be an awesome combination!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:27:40 AM »
Here's the thing to remember, archers can hit units that are in the back row, but they can still be blocked by adjacent front row units.
The only way around that is to use a flying unit, but only if there are no front row fliers.
I also noticed that for flying units it doesn't seem to matter if they are fighters or archers. They both seem to be able to hit back row targets just fine.

The buttons on the left of the collection are for quick sorting. Each button toggles its associated cards from being displayed.
The colored buttons toggle each of the 5 elements.
The bigger buttons with the checker pattern toggle cards of specific rarity. (This one is a little counter intuitive if you ask me.)
The silvery one is for common cards that don't have a silver or gold highlight on the right border. (This button should have been bronze.)
The bronze colored one is for the uncommon cards with the silver highlight. (This button should have been silver.)
And the gold button is for the rare/unique cards with the gold highlight.
As for that last button with the grid? ... Beats the hell outta me. It doesn't seem to do anything.
So I guess I don't have any of the type of cards that this last button toggles.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:47:44 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Tags: