Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone seen this Doppelganger glitch in CV3?  (Read 3910 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Anyone seen this Doppelganger glitch in CV3?
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »
We all know Grant is cheap in either version (Japanese or overseas). In the overseas version he has his crazy attack speed. In the Japanese version, he has his crazy range AND crazy attack speed (he can only throw one dagger at a time, so the closer an enemy is, the faster he attacks). Coupled with the fact his Doppelganger throws an axe over his head, Grant's a cheapskate in the Doppelganger fight.

But he's not the only one!

I got this glitch to happen on Trevor. Not sure if it would work for Sypha, but it might. I know it won't work for Alucard. When you see the Doppelganger, run toward one of the ledges on the left or right. You have to time this just right or it won't work, since his AI is scripted to jump straight up if you're too close to him, and if you time it wrong even if he jumps toward you he might land short. Basically you lure him into jumping onto one of those ledges and then hide under the ledge. He can't hit you! As long as you have the Axe or Holy Water on Trevor, or the water or ice on Sypha, you can attack him without any risk!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Anyone seen this Doppelganger glitch in CV3?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »
I know this trick very well. Every time I fight the doppelganger I will always find some way of employing it just cause old doppy is a real pain in the ass! If I can't pull it off for some stupid reason then I just need to keep my guard up, attack and evade as best I can... But it helps to have Sypha's lightning spell on hand ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything