Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Detailed  (Read 50113 times)

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Detailed
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 06:37:50 AM »
When you open the white door in the Chromatic Observatory / Stage 7-3 you'll find a scroll Talking about the castle been alive and possesed by a powerful Demon, also how the Bernhard family made a pact with that entity when they were living in the castle... So, the power that Carmilla suppressed was that Demon or a Bernhard possessing his power... And this will be the evil we will have to fight in Reverie, That Demon or the Bernhard with his power (Walter?)

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 07:55:28 AM »
Walter would be interesting, but I agree it would have to be one super badass version of him to scare/control Carmilla.

What about Death? (Not the Necromancers/Reapers) but Death aka the Grim Reaper as we've known him? Sure it'd be a classic enemy brought back but it could be done in a cool way.

Or Galamoth? I bet a full 3D version of him would be badass---though given how big he was in SotN I'd be afraid they'd try to turn that into another titan-type battle.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »
Walter would be interesting, but I agree it would have to be one super badass version of him to scare/control Carmilla.
Carmilla is who keeps him/it under control...

What about Death? (Not the Necromancers/Reapers) but Death aka the Grim Reaper as we've known him?
Zobek is Death. So, i really doubt hes the enemy on Reverie. But, Probably we'll face him as Death in Resurrection...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:06:46 AM by Asgardwolf »

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 11:24:23 AM »
Considering that there is apparently a time machine in the castle,  there will probably something concerning time travel.  And, considering that the Galamoth soul in AoS is time related in that it makes Soma unaffected by time freezes, my money is on some form of Galamoth being the evil.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 12:09:13 PM »
D'oh! Totally forgot about that scroll! Thats right, the LoS castle is a living entity just like Castlevania. In that cas, Im going to bet the enemy is going to be the castle itself. Like, it's core, Something akin to chaos.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
Time Machine? What about Zephyr (DoS/PoR) then?

I think that Galamoth and Death/Zobek/Lord of Dead dude will be the two bosses for the two DLCs in the end.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 01:38:32 PM »
Zephyr, Galamoth, & Chronomage, can manipulate time to an extent.
Masters of Time... maybe Aeon & Germaine.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »
Yeah Walter would have to be supped up but by IGA timeline standards he was the most powerful vampire lord before Dracula so they might take from that also I read somewhere (not sure about the accuracy) That walter got his powers through a demonic contract

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »
Yeah Walter would have to be supped up but by IGA timeline standards he was the most powerful vampire lord before Dracula so they might take from that also I read somewhere (not sure about the accuracy) That walter got his powers through a demonic contract
I don't know about that.  Sure, he was powerful, but I believe that the only reason that he wasn't killed until Leon came is that the Ebony Stone protected him from harm.  The only reason Leon won was because the vampire killer is meant to slay vampires and anything related to them.  Considering that the Ebony Stone is connected to vampires, it isn't surprising that the vampire killer could neutralize it.

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 03:53:46 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out I guess my japanese friend was wrong then, well Lords of Shadow can still add whatever they want to his character so we can expect a stronger interpretation of him, also Carmilla may be stronger but in Walter's boss fight his attacks and magic seem like he would be more powerful

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »
Logically speaking, the DLC final boss, if it's the evil Carmilla kept in check, is a hell of a lot weaker than the final boss of the main game. I doubt the gameplay representation for this will reflect this fact, but really this guy should be a stroll through the park in comparison. Literally, not even on the radar in the long run. In addition, Laura is hella weak for needing Gabe to take it down, despite how much they tried to build her up in the story of the main game.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
Maybe it's one of those "This bad guy is weak to light and I'm a dark power person, so I need a light power person and that's YOU!" type of deals?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »
The only reason Leon won was because the vampire killer is meant to slay vampires and anything related to them.

Rong. The power of love & friendship was what allowed Leon to defeat Walter. i sugest you go back & play the game again & again

edit: oops i pulled a thernz & flubbed my words. I was referring to dawn of sorrow i guess lol!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:21:31 PM by Crisis »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 07:45:47 PM »
If by the power of love you mean Sara's sacrifice, then sure I guess...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »
Rong. The power of love & friendship was what allowed Leon to defeat Walter. i sugest you go back & play the game again & again

edit: oops i pulled a thernz & flubbed my words. I was referring to dawn of sorrow i guess lol!
You were probably thinking of Aria of Sorrow.  Before Soma faces Chaos, he is contacted by everyone who encourage him as support.  Soma even tells Mina at the end that if it wasn't for everyone's encouraging words before the battle, he doesn't think he would have one.  So, yes in that game, it was love & friendship that brought about victory.

Tags: