Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Castlevania Discussion / Bacon egg & cheese
« Last post by crisis on Today at 07:56:59 AM »
Quote from: Flame
I do definitely hope they do more. I'm not expecting a whole animated franchise out of this or anything, but overall, I was pleased enough with the whole thing that I would be curious enough to want more at some point. Taking the story up a hundred or two hundred years later.

Me am feel the same way. Me am happy Castlevania is being talked about again. Aside from Simon & Richtopher inclusions in The Smash Brothers & like a couple random digital releases, the series hasn’t had any real attention whatsoever.

For all it’s flaws at least they didn’t turn Trevor into Alucard & make Dracula a Belmont..........
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: New Castlevania Season
« Last post by Flame on Today at 01:52:12 AM »
I definitely enjoyed it more than Season 3 myself.

I hold by my ideas that this sort of thing would be way better served as a movie, or fewer, but longer, episodes, like an OVA.

As someone who liked Lords of Shadow, my take is always that it's interesting to see where they go with the source material.

Super super spoilery thoughts ahead:

(click to show/hide)

Overall, better than Season 3, way better- In fact, You could say it feels like 3 and 4 should've been one long season, with some of the inbetween cut out.

I do definitely hope they do more. I'm not expecting a whole animated franchise out of this or anything, but overall, I was pleased enough with the whole thing that I would be curious enough to want more at some point. Taking the story up a hundred or two hundred years later.

Hopefully slightly smoother animation when we get there.

final thought which bugged me:

What the fuck was with
(click to show/hide)
« Last post by GuyStarwind on Yesterday at 09:39:42 PM »
So, is this last season worth the watch? I skipped season 3 after I heard all the things in it. You do you but please Castlevania is a story about fighting monsters in a giant castle.
« Last post by Holy Diver on Yesterday at 04:04:22 PM »
As Alucard says, "It's been a strange ride. I'm happy it's over." I definitely did not hate all of this adaptation; I'd watch it again in fact.
I agree. It was fun. But not the kind of fun I'll want to revisit in some time.
Off Topic / Re: What anime are you currently watching....
« Last post by Abnormal Freak on Yesterday at 02:15:23 PM »
Kyatto Ninden Teyandee. Loved watching Samurai Pizza Cats as a kid so I wanted to see its origins. Kinda frustrating when you can tell the subtitlers didn't translate the puns. I know it's kinda tough to do, but if Welcome to Lodoss Island can do it, so can this.
« Last post by VladOfWallachia on Yesterday at 10:08:05 AM »
Finished season 4. Not much I want to say but

(click to show/hide)
« Last post by The Puritan on Yesterday at 03:59:11 AM »
The
(click to show/hide)
was the best moment of this season, and almost made up for all the source material deviations I disliked starting Season 2. For a few minutes, everything truly felt like Castlevania. And although I knew this was the final season, I still hoped we'd get an ending that moved everything closer to the status quo of the games i.e. setting up the Belmonts' eternal war with Dracula. Because that's what Castlevania is all about, right?

(click to show/hide)

As Alucard says, "It's been a strange ride. I'm happy it's over." I definitely did not hate all of this adaptation; I'd watch it again in fact. But I'd stop at the end of Season 1 and just imagine that everything afterward follows the games we know and love.

Now if you'll excuse me, imma get off this soapbox and go back to pining for new games.  :'(
« Last post by Gunlord on May 13, 2021, 07:27:49 PM »
Urgh, I gotta rant, and maybe I did so before, but is anyone else angy about that one knight being a ripoff of Artorias from Dark Souls? Why couldn't they have used a CV knight, like even the owl night woulda been more faithful to the games than Artorias.
« Last post by Aceearly1993 on May 13, 2021, 04:45:02 PM »
Well anyway, I like how the main cast ended up being in this season, although Carmilla's final scenes could be treated better than how
(click to show/hide)

I also like how Saint Germain looks a tad bit similar to Dawn of Sorrow Julius during his flashbacks.

Well there's a random monster who roughly resembles this incarnation of him
(click to show/hide)
Still Grant could be treated a lot better than these.
« Last post by SecretWeapon on May 13, 2021, 04:36:15 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10