Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A request for Undying Legacy  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: November 06, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »
Yes, we're still working on it, but very underground  ;)

Anyway.. I can't seem to grasp the concept of ripping tiles from the games, such as Castlevania IV, or Dracula X. I'd really appreciate it if someone would show me how to rip tiles from these games, and put them all onto an organized sheet like so many others.

Anyone who assists me will be compensated accordingly for their efforts.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: A request for Undying Legacy
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 12:26:06 PM »
In Reply To #1
There's not much to it. You emulate them, disable the layers you don't need, take a screenshot, rinse and repeat.

There might be a way to extract all the tiles directly, though I've never heard of it being done on either game. I think Serio would be the only person who could answer that here.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 01:48:52 PM »
The tiles are compressed for both snes games. Unless you can decompress the rom the screenshot method's the only one available.

In that case you'll also have the palettes, while when tile ripping you'd have to search for them or guess them.

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:57:19 PM »
In Reply To #1

I could've told you that, foo.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Tags: