Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont Sprite  (Read 14135 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
If you examine DOS games, and some older Genesis games, they use dithering.

So do a lot of the GBA and DS games. In fact all the CV games of those two systems us it so much that it comes off as being cheap and non-professional. That's what bothered me about the DS titles. The GBA titles were fine as I expected the use of dithering, but there was no excuse to use so much of it in a next gen hand-held system with much, much more capability then the GBA had to offer.

PS. Your sprite is much more visible against a blue background there thernz. Now we can see all the juicy detales  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 02:31:02 PM »
Looks way better now! ^__^
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »

decided to just ditch the use of brown colors on his pauldron to get rid of some muddiness
and edited arm
changed whip holster too

im keeping the dithering in the hair though. it's slicked back long hair. on second thought, i made add in some dithering later. i liked the feel it gave over this smooth one.

this guy's armor is sooooo not byzantine but idc
This looks like a upgrade but hard to see. Can you make your sprites bigger to show?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags: