Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138945 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I say go for it! Death as a shopkeeper will be interesting to see.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Go for it!
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
I did not update my game for a long time. Right now I am trying to find a job (which is extremely HARD in my shitty country) and I neglect my project. However today I sat down and I made the first draft of Death (shopkeeper).

Now I only need to animate the sprite and add the special effects to it :)
I also had hard time trying to implement a new save system because I am using the game maker built-in but I gave up and stayed with it. The reason is that my game do not have persistent rooms. There are only coulple persistent objects and all other things are managed with global variables which use very little memory. Also the  game uses save state to it is fine for now :)

PS: I have removed the download links for the demo from here and from my youtube channel because I will release new demo including Death and the soul currency system.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Another demo coming soon? SWEET!
Good luck on the job, Zul! What country do you live in, anyways?
One last thing for you Zul. At level 3 with the sword and double-jump I'm dealing 11 damage. Equipping the leather armour boosts my damage up to 17 while removing it drops my damage back to 11. Is armour supposed to be increasing my damage like that or did I encounter another bug?
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Another demo coming soon? SWEET!
Good luck on the job, Zul! What country do you live in, anyways?
One last thing for you Zul. At level 3 with the sword and double-jump I'm dealing 11 damage. Equipping the leather armour boosts my damage up to 17 while removing it drops my damage back to 11. Is armour supposed to be increasing my damage like that or did I encounter another bug?

The leather armor is boosting the attack so much because I was testing my attack power system in the finished game it will not be like that, thank you for reminding me :)

Unfortunately I live in Bulgaria :(
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I like Death's design and I'm looking forward to the next demo.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - Castlevania-Like Project
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2013, 08:41:28 AM »
Hello everyone!!!

It has been a very long time since my last update!!! Unfortunately I did not have much free time but now I will start working again on my game :)

My to-do list for this week is:

1. Finish Death's design (give Death a nice looking aura)
2. Make the starting/story-telling screen (the drawing pf the castle and Erhard traveling there)
3. Finish Death's introduction dialogue with Erhard.
4. Add at least 1 new monster in the first area of the Castle.
5. Add nameplates for the items that are picked up by Erhard.
6. Finish the first tier of Death's Shop.
7. Find a way to include a save room in the start of the castle.

For now I have made the whole scripting of Death appearing as the shop keeper and the shop is working perfectly but it is empty for now. I am half-way through drawing the whole background template of the shop. The shop will have 3 tiers of items. Each tier will have 2 potions (one for HP and one for Mana). The other items will be One weapon, one armor and one accessory. There will be 2 or 3 types of souls. The only difference will be the amount of souls you get from each type - minor soul, major soul and giant soul. Every item in Death's shop will cost a certain amount of souls. Only the potions could be stacked (the maximum is 9 of each).

The way all potions will work is like that:

Healing Potion = small amount of HP
Healing Vial = medium amount of HP
Healing Goblet = high amount of HP

All of those will be used just as the ones in the Castlevania games.

After I design the second castle area I will think on the teleportation system. Well this is be a very difficult one but I will manage :)

After I do all things from my to-do list I will release the demo unlike the last embarrassment :|

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2013, 12:09:35 PM »
So I made 2 screenshots. One of Death at the start of the Castle and one of the Death's Shop.

This is where Death will be after you encounter him in the hallway:

This is the Shop menu when you press up when in contact with Death:

Keep in mind that the shop is unfinished I still have to make all the items there. And when you hover with the mouse on any object in the right part (the Information space) there will be information about the object like cost, what it does etc.

I also would like to ask someone with English as main language to tell me if the following is gramatically correct:

"Death: Erhard Tarein … I was expecting you.

Erhard: … You know me but I still don’t know … what you are.

Death: Ahh … you don’t recognize your most loyal … companion?
It is me … Death. Every time you slay an enemy I was there to guide its soul to the other side.

Erhard: So you want my soul now?[Press X]

Death: Ha ha … no. It is … still … not your time, Erhard.

Erhard: Then what do you want from me?

Death: It is quite simple. This Castle is twisted, corrupted and all who die in here are trapped for eternity.
My job is to guide the souls of everything to the other side, but this … place … is hurting the natural equilibrium of the world. I cannot gather the souls of the dead here … but you … on the other hand … can.

Erhard: What do you want from me exactly?
Death: Here, take this amulet. If the souls of the creatures here are not lost forever, it will reveal them to you when you slay them. Simply gather them with it and bring them to me. Keep in mind that you will not go unrewarded.

Erhard: What do you mean?

Death: I have many things in my possession that will be of great service to you and they will help you in your journey. If you gather enough souls I will give them to you.

Erhard: Very well, Death.

Death: You will find me at the entrance of the castle."

This is the dialogue when Erhard encounters Death in the Castle hallway.

Any feedback and help is appreciated!!!

PS: Btw I was wondering what is that award thing below my forum profile? It sais hackmaster ... I wonder what is it because I did not post in a while.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »
This award is given for programmers when someone indicate a person, in this case someone indicated you.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2013, 10:17:38 AM »
The grammar is good. I don't see any spelling errors in the text and it's easy to read. I think your all good to go.  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2013, 10:21:01 AM »
Really nice! I want to see more! :D

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2013, 07:02:28 AM »
I have completed the first tier in the shop. Here is the screenshot:

The new items are:

Mana Potion - the user replenishes 10 mana points.

Twilight's Fang - dagger (short weapon). Base damage 10. There is no other way to obtain that weapon but to buy it with souls from Death.

Gladiator's Armor - armor. It gives 8 defence and 4 attack. There is no other way to obtain that weapon but to buy it with souls from Death.

Skull Ring - accessory. It gives 4 defence and 2 attack. There is no other way to obtain that weapon but to buy it with souls from Death.

And I finally added the accessory slot in the equipment menu:

I have fixed many bugs that I encountered like the worst was that the main character could not attack while falling.
I also added that nice little button that shows you that you need to press X to continiue the dialogue which is much better than the "[Press X]".

I though to change the font of the shop info with some other but then I looked at the DS castlevania games the the font was the same so I am leaving it like that for now.

This is all for now. I will add new stuff soon! :)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2013, 12:20:16 PM »
+1
DEF-8, ATK-4 wouldn't be better as DEF+8,ATK+4?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »
DEF-8, ATK-4 wouldn't be better as DEF+8,ATK+4?

Oh yes it will be better! :D Can't believe that I look at those things for hours and now I find this :D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2013, 04:50:48 PM »
Well, I noticed errors in Harmony of Dissonance that one perceived, so maybe thats my natural ability?  :-[

Good to be at some help to you.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~