Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 289830 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #735 on: July 28, 2023, 04:43:27 AM »
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.1.5
Sorry about the post chain but we're just a few steps from the finalization of "Catoblepas" builds (the builds that retain the formula and structure as close to original as possible without adding too many unnecessary things).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 04:51:12 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #736 on: August 02, 2023, 08:44:17 PM »
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.2.0

A larger update before I take a pause from this task for a week.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #737 on: August 17, 2023, 06:27:29 AM »
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.2.1

Another large update before the reworking process comes closer to the end.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #739 on: September 01, 2023, 06:51:25 PM »
Small addition before a potential revamp of control config UI.
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.2.3

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #741 on: September 28, 2023, 11:16:32 PM »
Weekly maintenance 1.2.6 - proper function of multi language item pickup textbox intact.

https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.2.6

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #742 on: October 09, 2023, 11:34:20 PM »
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/1.2.7

Mega update before a possible port to original source material instead of the reverse engineered basis this project currently uses.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #743 on: October 15, 2023, 03:38:51 PM »
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.2.8

weekly maintenance

The reason of the change to "weak" status calculation is because the calculation update in Chronicles of the Wolf. most people hate the original calculation of "weak" status to the bones so I offered a change to make it more in line with CotW. But if the requests are high enough there could always be a separated branch that recovered the merciless "weak" status trait in original.

Also the counter damage when charging the spells. This is the point where I shake my head so hard trying to get a rebalance, but requests to just remove it are strong enough, so I limited the counter damage so that it only happens to the very last lv5 spell and it's limited to x2 damage (x1.5 will have weird unintended sub 1 value not well displayed on UI).

Katriel wants these two changes to be in a separated build (version gorgon) that isolated to the main branch but after taking advice and receptions I decided to just do these two in the main builds (version catoblepas).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 04:04:51 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #744 on: October 19, 2023, 06:06:51 AM »
Maintenance...
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.2.9

Turns out that there's a design oversight in original (not sure if it's viable to sort this into actual bug) which causes you to accidently lost a recover potion by using such recover potion when Efrain's HP is already full. But after some research we're able to fix this oversight goof and thus bring the game's quality to be more or less similar to CotW's quality standard.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #745 on: October 23, 2023, 09:02:19 PM »
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.3.1

Some adjusts after receiving opinions towards compatibility and control config screen UI.

So, these are basically everything I could cram the enhancements into LC2 structure. Unless 1) new bug/incompatibles surfaces or 2) sprite artists are willing to do the rest of LC2 Alucard animations, it will mostly stay like that, for "Catoblepas" builds at least. If there're any sprite artist that could deal with LC2 Alucard animations, please contact us.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 09:12:17 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #746 on: October 27, 2023, 04:19:12 PM »
https://github.com/katriellucas/lecarde-2/releases/tag/v1.3.2

I experienced a slowdown during Alucard boss rush under "No VSync" builds. Dunno how exactly was its trigger condition but currently ran out of any idea. Maybe the alucard walking frames must be discarded into 12 or 14 pictures. 8 frames are too low though, that's why we must have more than 8 frames for walking animation.
Phew, turns out that it was Clickteam's own things. So I don't have to deal with it too seriously...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 05:23:20 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #747 on: October 28, 2023, 01:04:25 PM »
Big fan of LC2, and I think I'll check out this redux down the line. I haven't been following this ambitious project closely, so I have a question: Did the glitch where you can get stuck slashing and can't turn responsively in the original game get fixed? I remember it happening especially when crouched. Also, do the menus and map open quicker?

Also, totally a side question, but is there any chance that Lecarde Chronicles 1 will get a treatment like this? By the end, I actually found it to be on a similar level to LC2 in terms of creative vision, but it had some quality of life issues, too. Those spinning spike balls would sometimes glitch out, especially in the library and second to last level and just phantom hit you no matter where you were on the screen. And also, it only ever had control stick support and no button mapping, when crosspad support and button mapping would have made it much better to play.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #748 on: October 28, 2023, 04:18:42 PM »
Big fan of LC2, and I think I'll check out this redux down the line. I haven't been following this ambitious project closely, so I have a question: Did the glitch where you can get stuck slashing and can't turn responsively in the original game get fixed? I remember it happening especially when crouched. Also, do the menus and map open quicker?

Also, totally a side question, but is there any chance that Lecarde Chronicles 1 will get a treatment like this? By the end, I actually found it to be on a similar level to LC2 in terms of creative vision, but it had some quality of life issues, too. Those spinning spike balls would sometimes glitch out, especially in the library and second to last level and just phantom hit you no matter where you were on the screen. And also, it only ever had control stick support and no button mapping, when crosspad support and button mapping would have made it much better to play.

There's still loading times in map/sub screen boot but in my view it's not a grave issue.

For crouch>slash>turning around I think the original is designed that way on purpose unless if I was wrong.

Regarding LC1 unfortunately the spiked ball bug is way too much and possibly beyond repair, may need somebody mastered Clickteam in order to remake a better candidate of that hazard from zero. Before any person came to help I was forced to use an old build of Clickteam fusion (286.66)  - which is deemed less stable and has less functions than current version - to build the exes.
So I cannot say the result is becoming positive in any way but you can be a tester to check if the bug is still prone to happen in the (rather early) draft of reworked edition:

https://github.com/Aceearly1993/lecarde-1/releases/tag/v0.4.1

Also provided in main lobby are save files just in case if you want to cut the process short and go directly to the places that bugs will happen in original version, the save file may want itself to be placed at: C:/User/(User name) (hidden folder)/Appdata/Roaming/MMFApplications
(extract the save zip first.)
https://github.com/Aceearly1993/lecarde-1

Changes from original version:

GUI of control remap added.

We also discarded the forced fullscreen in LC1 and made its program more like a proper game for a better experience to video game streamers (just like LC2 rework).

Position of several hotkeys were reworked.

We also added one more language (Simplified Chinese) to LC1 just like what we did in LC2 rework because request for that language is so high. Unfortunately the language slots were used up so more language like LC2 and CotW is less likely to happen (both the original GUI and Clickteam fusion itself limited further expansion of language slots), so we choose the language that gets more request than all.

There's an actual grave issue called copyright infringement that smashed the original version of LC1 into abyss in 2018 because of sounds. Several music clips and sound effect clips are needed to be replaced by custom ones in order to get around them. This case needs additional helps from composers/sound effect creators.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 04:21:25 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards

anything