Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lucifer - anyone else watching?  (Read 2305 times)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: November 01, 2016, 08:25:38 AM »
Is anyone else watching Lucifer?  I've finally given in and watched it, even though it's not Neil Gaiman's Lucifer by a long shot.  That said, I've found it very enjoyable, and ended up binge-watching it over the weekend.  I've just watched this week's new episode, and wow, that was rather good.  Tom Ellis's performance was excellent, I loved all of the expressions playing on his face this week, in particular, during the last scene, between him and Linda.  You just want to give him a hug. 
After I finished Lucifer, I started watching the tv series of Constantine, but ended up crashing partway through that, after the long run of sitting up until 4am binging on Lucifer.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 01:32:37 AM »
I've been wanting to read the comic, but I'll probably check out the show first. Didn't know Neil Gaiman wrote Lucifer, but I've really liked what I've read of Sandman.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 04:39:49 AM »
Neil created the character, he appears in Sandman, with Season of Mists being the big important one for him.  The spin-off comics series of Lucifer was written by Mike Carey, continuing on with Lucifer after SoM's events.  I've not read all of Sandman yet, but want to at some point. 
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Tags: