Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harry Potter, yes Harry Potter  (Read 9304 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: December 09, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »
I knwo this is a bit late but whatever. I like discussing Harry potter, its a rather fun topic. Tellme your thoughts on characters, settings, story, and such.

I've had this opinion before, and now it seems more than likely. The opinion is .... Harry Potter is a pedophile. Why is it more than likely now? Well with the recent announcement Dumbledore being gay, its seems the characters are more "diverse" than previously thought.

My reasons for his being a pedophile is that all the little kids seems to like him. I guess its not his fault... totally. But Both Ginny and Gabriel (Flur de la Cur's sister) (I don't know the spelling for their names very well so ... they might be spelled wrong).

So, lets start the discussion off with that  ;D

SymboliC

Re: Harry Potter, yes Harry Potter
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 12:51:05 PM »

I have a question about Dumbledore being gay. Did Rowling (author) say that her character was gay in the first place and that she only announced it very late?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 12:53:05 PM »
She hints it in the final book, and when asked in an interview, she clearly states that he IS, in fact, gay.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 06:30:54 PM »
I think he should focus more on the whole "magic" thing and not so much on men. He's a fricken wizard.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

mgfcortez

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:01:54 PM »
She hints it in the final book, and when asked in an interview, she clearly states that he IS, in fact, gay.

where?
i read all the books and never seen such a thing.lol

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 10:28:14 PM »
All the talks about him and the grendal something guy. Its definitely not clear, but its there. Now that I'mthinking about it... Dumbledores a gay pedophile, you know thats why he stayed as headmaster, rather than become minister of magic. >.> more interaction with kids! XD

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 03:52:50 AM »
yeah Ive read all the books too (most of em multiple times) and I never once got the impression that Dumbledore was gay. Not even close. And as far as I know Michael Gambon (the actor now playing him since Richard Harris died) isnt gay either.

If Rowling herself said somewhere that Dumbledore was gay I want a link.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 07:51:48 AM »
In Reply To #3

She's such a pussy. She should've done that in the first book. Now it reeks of trying to shock bible-thumbers without damaging the sales.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:41:57 AM by Santa Count »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 02:38:11 PM »
In Reply To #9

Very nice. I thought it would be somethin someone took out of context and blew out of proportion. But I guess it wasnt =D

Its funny the big deal ppl have made out of it tho. It doesnt change who the character was. The was still one of the greatest most respected wizards of all time.

TY for the links tho I woulda looked mself but it was 6am and Id been up like 17 hours lol.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 03:19:36 PM »
Its all good. It doesn't change my thoghts on the character. But its fun to make fun of the characters and such. Thats all that matters to me, atleast with this... Since I personally thoght the story took a pretty rough road after book 2, and riding a mountain road from book 5.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 02:56:41 AM »

I think it's not so unusual to think of him like that, kinda puts things in place, I think Dumbledore is pictured in the books as too naive, what with him trusting Snape THE WHOLE DAMN TIME to the very end, I mean, for a wizard as clever and experienced like him it's almost absurd.
Then again, like someone mentioned here, I don't to judge the character according to its sexual preferences, especially in a book like Harry Potter, that has very little sexual content. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »
In Reply To #12

Snape wasnt a bad guy tho in the last book its revealed that Dumbledore knew he was gonna die and he planned it with Snape the whole time that he had to be the one to kill him. Snape looked out for Harry the whole time and was very close to Dumbledore the entire time even tho it looked like he was workin for Voldmort.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 11:12:01 AM »
Indeed, he wasn't. I can get why Dumbledore trust him though. Atleast after the final book, the 6th book, like most of teh other books gives you the stupid reason with nothing to support it, and then explains it later. Thats one thing Iliked teh books for. I just wish I didn't hate half the characters.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 11:25:19 AM »
In Reply To #13

lol, thanks for spoiling the last book for me!
Anyway, if Dumbledore knew he was gonna die, doesn't that make him a Jesus-like character? Like, I died for your sins and stuff. Hehehe  ;D

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: