Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Boston Marathon Blasts Kill 2, Police Say  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Boston Marathon Blasts Kill 2, Police Say
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 02:29:20 AM »
Authorities have not identified the suspect(s) and no one is claiming responsibility. They said that it is hard to sift through all the camera photos and videos.

One bomb was stuffed inside a pressure cooker. Other objects like nails, ball bearings were also inside the pressure cooker.

A story on the victims:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/boston-marathon-victims-profiles/index.html

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 09:46:36 AM »
One bomb was stuffed inside a pressure cooker. Other objects like nails, ball bearings were also inside the pressure cooker.

Not often do you hear about a nutcase whom decides to use a fragmentation explosive over the standard one.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 11:42:37 AM »
Not often do you hear about a nutcase who decides to use a fragmentation explosive over the standard one.

It's more effective. The shrapnel is scattered on a large perimeter, hurting whoever wasn't hurt by the explosion. Terrorists often used it during the intifada.

It is a tragedy that such violence happens, but such is our world. Odd that nobody takes responsibility. Perhaps it means the terrorist did not belong to an organized group. Terrorist organizations would take responsibility immediately; Some of them take responsibility even for attacks they did not carry out.   

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:44:58 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Lone Wolf

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 09:14:30 PM »
"Stay home and don't go anywhere", they said.
"Close your windows and lock your doors", they said.
"If you're in a hotel, get back to your room and do nothing", they said..

...so people are forbidden to go to places and forced to pay for THEIR imcompetence?!?!
FUCK NO!!! If those motherfuckers are pretty sure the city is in danger, so why don't they give a crap for their job and just do the city a favor and do something against that? It's their job, it's not people's fault if tragedies like these happen.
I bet a minimum sense of justice and struggle in there could somehow show the people who died that they're not gone in vain..

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 05:16:46 PM »
One of the suspects is dead, shot and run over.

The other has been cornered and a negotiator has been sent in.

Uncle gave a statement saying the suspects have shamed their family and they are losers- uncle is awesome.  Father apparently made some sort of vague threat if the other suspect is killed- father is a douche.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 08:29:26 PM »
Well, if we follow the law he should first go to the prison and then be executed. Its unfair if they kill it first, he needs to be traited like a lady in the prison first after receiving the fury of all prisoners.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »
Well, if we follow the law he should first go to the prison and then be executed. Its unfair if they kill it first, he needs to be traited like a lady in the prison first after receiving the fury of all prisoners.

He'll probably be incarcerated at a maximum security prison considering he's a terrorist.  Means solitary cells and constant surveillance.  He MIGHT be put in a close security prison but I rather doubt it.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 10:32:56 AM »
Don't forget that terrorists are now treated under military law because of 9/11. He may not even get a trial. Which would be completely wrong. Terrorist or not, he's a criminal, not a foreign soldier and should be treated as such.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »
I sucked at Geography, but even I know where Chechnya is. *facepalm*

If it comes out the brothers did this for Muslim reasons, then I would suspect they were coerced into saying that. Ultimately, if I went off what that guy's article said about the brothers, I'd say it's more likely they were trying to get better jobs and got rejected, so they bombed the Marathon. Or they just did it for shits and giggles; they thought it'd be a blast. Hell, I used to make explosives when I was in high school. I knew a couple guys in college that did it. My chem professor's assistant worked on formulas to make meth during lab. Some people just take things too far (I limited myself to fireworks, not bombs, for the record).

Oh well, I don't really even follow the story. Sure there are a bunch of maimed people and a few dead ones, but as far as bombings go that was pretty lame.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 07:14:52 PM »
I cant believe people confuse Chechnya with Czechs. ~_~ Granted, its a lot of Cs, but still...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Lone Wolf

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »

Also, mother of stupidity.

Okay... That was fucking stupid...

Tags:

anything