Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hamspster putting Vs. Castlevania on Switch  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Hamspster putting Vs. Castlevania on Switch
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:19:45 PM »
Ah, the arcade version of the original Castlevania is coming to Switch.  Wonder what the differences are.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/09/hamster_is_bringing_balloon_fight_vs_castlevania_and_more_to_switch_eshop

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Hamspster putting Vs. Castlevania on Switch
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »
Enemies do more damage faster, the game gives you less time per stage, colors are a bit different, overall the game is a bit more difficult than the console version.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 02:33:27 PM »
I don’t suppose Player 2 gets to play as Simon’s long lost brother that nobody talks about?  lol.  (imagine’s the Captain N version of Simon)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 02:35:57 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 03:40:17 PM »
The basic game mechanic is just like the original game and no two player support and such
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 03:43:00 PM »
Hey, this will be released tomorrow.  At least we’re for sure getting something Castlevania before Halloween.

This will be a good complement to the Easy Mode in the Japanese version in The Anniversary Collection.  I’ll consider this to be the Hard Mode, ha.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/10/castlevanias_harder_arcade_version_is_coming_to_nintendo_switch_tomorrow

Tags: