Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Turtles Forever  (Read 6837 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: November 23, 2009, 12:37:04 AM »
is feckin' awesome. Watch it before Viacom wipes it clear from YouTube.

Looking forward to a Blu-ray release, or at least a DVD.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:16:42 AM »
I didn't like the way the 80's Turtles were portrayed, like they were very weak and incapable, but it was good to see the old turtles again.

Offline MathUser

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Turtles Forever
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 07:07:28 AM »
I watched it, it was pretty good but I also didn't care for how the 1980's turtles were portrayed.

Offline e1shw

• Old School CV Player
  • Is it wrong to live and breath CV?
    • e1shw's GameSpot Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »
It is just nice to see TMNT in non-cgi animation again.

All hail Belmont! They may not endure the battles before them, but their legend will live on forever.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »
I liked it but I agree the old turtles were made to look like morons. It didnt bother me cause they WERE morons but it wasnt really obvious til they were side by side with the new ones lol

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »
I liked the portrayal of the old cartoon characters because, compared to the original comics, they WERE super lame. And after the pilot (which is pretty good, funny, well-written, etc., even if it is poorly animated--but what can you expect from 1980s American animation?), didn't they almost cut back entirely on using their weapons?

Anyway, the TMNT have consistently been in cartoon format for a long time, since 2003. :o Sadly, however, with Nickelodeon buying the property, they'll be making a CGI cartoon series based on the CG movie, I believe. That's not such a bad thing, I guess, but I'm afraid of Nick goofing everything all up.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Johnny Bananas

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 06:33:55 PM »
Awesome.
The world is dead... I'm just living in it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
I myself used to watch the 80s turtles TV show back in the day. I had no idea that there was a comic strip the first original TMNTs black & white print before there was a cartoon series. Some of the season 1 cartoons were good like the ode to the movie Aliens. I believe the episode was called "Case of the killer pizzas". But I can agree with the lame part because as the seasons dragged on the story telling got worse and the level of violence that we've seen in the first few seasons had vanished completely. The new TMNT series was refreshing to see. plenty of action and a lot more violent then the 80s series. I've also noticed that the 2003 series was loosely based on the three Turtles movies that came out in the early 90's. The only real thing that bugged me was the change of 'Techno Global Research Industries' to 'Techno Cosmic Research Industries'. TGRI is far more realistic then TCRI and a lot less cheesy.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 12:46:35 PM »
The 2003 series wasn't based on any of the movies at all; rather, it was based on the original comics, which the first live-action movie was also based on and is a very faithful adaptation of. (Which is probably why the first movie is the only one that doesn't blow.) TCRI is in the original comics; they changed it to TGRI for the second movie. Why Cosmic and not Global? 'Cos the company was run by aliens—and actually, the company was only a front. Or at least it originally was. I think they may have reworked some of the story later on. (I'm still trudging my way through the back issues and I didn't watch the 2003 series very far, though I'd like to.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
I pretty much saw all of season 1 and there were a lot of interesting things that took place. I won't spoil it for you as you may wish to see them for yourself.  :)

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 11:29:13 PM »
I bought season one real cheap. :o One of these days I'll watch it. One of these days... I really liked the show when it first aired, but I'd pretty much given up waking up on Saturday mornings by that point, ha.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 01:08:37 AM »
Two reason why I, myself don't get up early Saturday morning to watch cartoons anymore. #1 The cartoons I used to watch when I was a kid; Transformers (Gen 1) The Real Ghostbusters, Astroboy, Thunderbirds 2086, GI Joe, Super mario bros 3, Robotech, Maccross, (Those two are of the same series I think) and a bunch of other toons that I can't name off the top of my head, are just not on TV anymore and they gave me some many fond memories... And #2 When you get older your body just doesn't have all that energy to jolt you up early in the morning to force you to get up, sneak downstairs so as not to disturb your grouchy parents, turn on the TV (But have you're finger constantly pressing the low volume button so as not to let the sound blare throughout the house and wake your grouchy parents, who in turn will have you killed if you don't go back to bed) and sit down in your favorite, comfy chair and prepare to burn several hours of your life away to watch your favorite cartoons that give you all those fond memories when you grow up later on.

I can't believe I just told you guys my own childhood on the net!!  :o

Oh the humanity...  :'(

-X

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 09:51:39 AM »
Ah... I am all-too familiar with repeatedly hitting the Volume Down button when turning on the TV at like 5 a.m. on a Saturday. Those were the days. We had this really old TV, and the control panel could open up revealing many more buttons underneath. Sometimes that panel would fall off while I'm frantically hitting the volume controls, so I'd have to quickly scan for the button underneath it that controls the volume.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Juno106

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 07:10:17 PM »
anyone remember the old Jerrold remotes?  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 11:31:29 PM »
Now we're gett'n all retro!  :D

That almost looks like one of those old Atari systems.

-X

Tags:

anything