Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Behold the New Start Menu on windows 8!  (Read 4431 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:00:23 PM »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Behold the New Start Menu on windows 8!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:07:37 PM »
WTF? Gaddmnit!!!111!!!!
When are those fucks at Microsoft gonna get not to fix what isn't broken?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 11:20:37 PM »
afaik, thats optional. You can use the normal view as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:33:35 AM »
That's quite the departure for a startscreen.

When are those fucks at Microsoft gonna get not to fix what isn't broken?

I agree. They need to "Finalize" their programs and then test them thoroughly; as many times as it takes before releasing it to the public. But when it comes to money, Microsoft doesn't really care.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 02:31:34 AM »
Windows 7 is stable, it being faster gives a bit of an edge, Vista is and always will be Garbage.
Windows 8 though..... the Start menu is pretty cool, but If they try to to pull some Direct X 12 Shit out of thier asses I'm out.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 07:54:52 AM »
I'm still annoyed by windows 7. Being used to win XP on my good-old PC, I bought a laptop and it had this abomination on it.
Taskbar windows? Oh, no, forget that, that's old. How about icons instead? Have a bunch of firefox windows open? Just push the firefox icon and scroll between the windows till you find the right one. How is that more simple? It's actually more complicated! 
And what's that on the desktop? A bloody clock? I don't need it, thank you very much, I have one on my wall. And what's that thing that keeps popping up? Media tools? If I needed them, I'd open them myself.
Everything is so "cool" and "shiny". Wow, microsoft, you rock. IT'S ALL PAIN IN MY EYES
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
I'm still annoyed by windows 7. Being used to win XP on my good-old PC, I bought a laptop and it had this abomination on it.
Taskbar windows? Oh, no, forget that, that's old. How about icons instead? Have a bunch of firefox windows open? Just push the firefox icon and scroll between the windows till you find the right one. How is that more simple? It's actually more complicated! 
And what's that on the desktop? A bloody clock? I don't need it, thank you very much, I have one on my wall. And what's that thing that keeps popping up? Media tools? If I needed them, I'd open them myself.
Everything is so "cool" and "shiny". Wow, microsoft, you rock. IT'S ALL PAIN IN MY EYES

Agreed, but I tolerate most of that when I have to work on a Win7 system, what I'll never forgive is having to click an average of 5 buttons to delete more than a handful of files. What the fuck was wrong with the way XP and every windows before did it? Were people seriously deleting all their files by mistake because there was only one confirmation? Gaddamnit, stop pandering to morons!!
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
The only thing I miss from the older windows is no "are you sure" and the Undo button.
Other than that, everything is better.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
I have to disagree, the file delete system WASN'T better, as stated above, and so was windows explorer. And this retarded thing where you have to 'take ownership' of files on an external harddrive is retarded too. honestly, there are very few things of consequence in Vista and & 7 that couldn't already be done in XP one way or another.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:21:33 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 05:18:50 PM »
I have to disagree, the file delete system was better, as stated above, and so was windows explorer. And this retarded thing where you have to 'take ownership' of files on an external harddrive is retarded too. honestly, there are very few things of consequence in Vista and & 7 that couldn't already be done in XP one way or another.

Agree with that, but XP doesn't have the program and startup optimizations, and for a gaming stance, no DX11 (Vista and DX10 can shove it)
plus the price is unbeatable whereas a 64bit edition of XP runs you abou $200.

Windows 7 Pro also has an XP mode, so that's why I upgraded.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 05:57:03 PM »
The only thing that I find absolutely ridiculous, pathetic and frustrating about Win 7 is that its image viewer can no longer show animated GIFs. I can only wonder how something that ass-backwards become a reality.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:58:34 PM by A-Yty »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »
Agree with that, but XP doesn't have the program and startup optimizations, and for a gaming stance, no DX11 (Vista and DX10 can shove it)
plus the price is unbeatable whereas a 64bit edition of XP runs you abou $200.

Windows 7 Pro also has an XP mode, so that's why I upgraded.

Doesn't cost me nothin'. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
And I have fixed dozens of vista, xp, and 7 machines and given similar hardware the start up isn't significantly faster. It all depends on what you have running. Oh, and I don't do any heavy gaming on my machine.
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 11:49:51 PM »
Doesn't cost me nothin'. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
And I have fixed dozens of vista, xp, and 7 machines and given similar hardware the start up isn't significantly faster. It all depends on what you have running. Oh, and I don't do any heavy gaming on my machine.
it is when your leaping from 32bit to 64bit.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 12:05:45 AM »
I have a ssd I go from boot to desktop in about 10sec =D

It took 7 a while to grow on me but I really like it now. I have 8 DLed gonna put it on vm tomorrow and see how I like it

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 12:43:10 AM »
I have a ssd I go from boot to desktop in about 10sec =D

It took 7 a while to grow on me but I really like it now. I have 8 DLed gonna put it on vm tomorrow and see how I like it

tell me how it is.... also all. ALL of the new features in your experience.
I wanna know if this will be the next ME/Vista or the Next XP/7

Tags: