Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
So the Alucard Spear may have been the lance that displayed Vlad Tepes' head after the Ottomans killed him. I like that. Sounds like a dark take on the Spear of Longinus.

That's some pretty awesome stuff. Also, Death Mercury is a strangely awesome name for a vampire hunter whip.

And it's described as "lost." Who knows what the game writers would've done with that had they followed this outline more closely? Pre-IGA Castlevania had a stronger foundation than I imagined.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Castlevania Bloodlines 0.5 Prototype ROM released!
« Last post by JR on November 09, 2021, 11:09:40 PM »
That's some pretty awesome stuff. Also, Death Mercury is a strangely awesome name for a vampire hunter whip.

Another thing I noticed is that Rondo of blood is nowhere to be found. This document was printed in 1994 and Rondo was made in 1993. Kinda wondered what was going on there.

I assumed that "Lihiter" was meant to be Richter and the date of the document was pre-Rondo, until they decided against having Richter be Simon's grandson, or something. But I didn't realize Rondo had already been released.
Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

It's authentic. I was watching the auction with him that he bought the documents from way back in April.

Mike Levy is an honorable dude.

Not sure what your issue is here. Not everything is a conspiracy you know.
That was a very interesting Vid! Holy ****! I never thought the mystical whip was called Excalibur, lol. That's kinda impressive. It feels like there could be a connection to King Arthur in there somewhere (that's just speculation on my part). About the character Lucy Seward. Your friend did seem confused with this entry so perhaps I should offer my own tid-bit of clarity for him (please tell him this I would like to hear his feedback).

Lucy Seward sounds like she's the daughter of Dr. John Seward. No doubt Dr. Seward remarried after the events of the novel. Dr Seward loved Lucy Westenra (Holmwood) however she was transformed by Dracula and subsequently killed by Helsing and company, he named his future daughter after his first love in honor of her memory. This sounds to me to be the most plausible explanation as you don't hear the name Seward and not have your mind go directly to the infamous doctor of the asylum.

The info later on helps also to establish that Vlad the impaler (historical person) and Count Dracula (the CV series) are in fact one and the same. This leaves no doubt in my mind and firmly puts to rest some of the debates we've had here on the dungeon forums about whether or not they are the same person. That document confirms what I've strongly felt all these years. Now I know that IGA has taken the series into it's own direction and retconned a whole lot. But to me this document solidifies things for me about the series since I much prefer the pre-IGA Castlevania series on the whole. This document isn't filled with your typical Japanese cliché story-telling that IGA was obsessed with. Instead those at Konami were really trying to do actual historical referencing in order to flesh out the series. Would it have killed IGA to go along with that instead of where he actually went?

Another thing I noticed is that Rondo of blood is nowhere to be found. This document was printed in 1994 and Rondo was made in 1993. Kinda wondered what was going on there.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Castlevania Bloodlines 0.5 Prototype ROM released!
« Last post by X on November 09, 2021, 10:03:08 AM »
That was a very interesting Vid! Holy ****! I never thought the mystical whip was called Excalibur, lol. That's kinda impressive. It feels like there could be a connection to King Arthur in there somewhere (that's just speculation on my part). About the character Lucy Seward. Your friend did seem confused with this entry so perhaps I should offer my own tid-bit of clarity for him (please tell him this I would like to hear his feedback).

Lucy Seward sounds like she's the daughter of Dr. John Seward. No doubt Dr. Seward married after the events of the novel. Dr Seward loved Lucy Westenra (Holmwood) however she was transformed by Dracula and subsequently killed by Helsing and company, he probably named his future daughter after his first love in honor of her memory. This sounds to me to be the most plausible explanation as you don't hear the name Seward and not have your mind go directly to the infamous doctor of the asylum.

The info later on helps also to establish that Vlad the impaler (historical person) and Count Dracula (the CV series) are in fact one and the same. This leaves no doubt in my mind and firmly puts to rest some of the debates we've had here on the dungeon forums about whether or not they are the same person. That document confirms what I've strongly felt all these years. Now I know that IGA has taken the series into it's own direction and retconned a whole lot. But to me this document solidifies things for me about the series since I much prefer the pre-IGA Castlevania series on the whole. This document isn't filled with your typical Japanese cliché story-telling that IGA was obsessed with. Instead those at Konami were really trying to do actual historical referencing in order to flesh out the series. Would it have killed IGA to go along with that instead of where he actually went?

More unreleased info about the plot of Bloodlines from my friend Mike Levy.

https://youtu.be/XkCWw8KzTYA

Figured this was a good thread to post it!
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)
« Last post by VladOfWallachia on November 08, 2021, 07:08:23 AM »
Plot,

It's been a great effort, the stuff you guys have shown looks and sounds great. There's no shame in not being able to finish a project of that scope with the resources you have. Those games are made by entire teams of highly experienced full time employees, with plenty of assistance from the publisher. Resizing the scope of the project is a good idea, as I'm sure people will be excited to see even a small bit of what UoS could be.

Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Last post by JR on November 08, 2021, 04:52:13 AM »
Playing my second run of Resident Evil Village just to see how far I can upgrade the best guns. I think I like this one better than RE7. The plot is nonsensical, but the gameplay is fun.

Just bought a Retron 5 so that I can enjoy upscaled graphics on a lot of my retro stuff. Played around with Batman and Robin for the Genesis. I suck at this game, but the graphical effects are absolutely amazing, especially on the Mad Hatter boss fight (which I had to level select to see). Absolutely LOVE the music. I gotta get better at this game.
« Last post by zangetsu468 on November 06, 2021, 04:42:12 PM »
Glad to hear you’re still working on this Plotwist. Hope you’re staying well and life’s been good despite the global challenges in recent years.
« Last post by theplottwist on November 06, 2021, 03:18:30 AM »
Honestly, I never expected for this to turn into a game from the get-go. So it comes as no surprise to me that it might not make it that far. It was only a story to explain what had happened in 1999 and to answer a lot of questions people had about IGA's non-existent CV game. You crafted a good story and did all that you could, going above and beyond the call of CV duty (as much as humanly possible) to accurately tell the tale of the Demon Castle War. With a little help from the many members of the CVD community you were able to bring about a story the pretty much fills the gaps and gives us all an idea of just how things went down and who was involved story-wise. While it is a shame the game might be nothing more then a dream, let's at least count our blessings that the story was able to finally be revealed.

Thank you. To be honest, not 10% of the plot made it to a public place. The final form of the plot is known to very few people and it changed so much that sometimes someone will reference something written on this thread and I'll go "what? when did I say that?". Whatever happens, the plot and related content will be made public at some point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10