Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981547 times)

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1425 on: May 27, 2015, 07:45:01 PM »
Also, I've gotta wonder how exactly Armature will go about the Wii U port given that from what I hear Unreal Engine 4 isn't easy to backport to 3.

Simple: they recode it so it can run on the Wii U. The UE4 doesn't have NATIVE Wii U compatibility so they'd have to modify it.

Offline Somanyte

• Awards
« Reply #1426 on: May 27, 2015, 09:38:58 PM »
+2
A boss reveal!

(click to show/hide)

The... camel? head looks weird... idk maybe is just me and my dirty mind.
The whole portals-thing and gravity mechanics looks interesting and have potential for a challenging and entertaining fight.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1244210
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:41:21 PM by Somanyte »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1427 on: May 27, 2015, 09:52:37 PM »
I fucking love that boss design and I'm not even sure why to be honest, I hope the demons get even more bizarre and creepy looking. Really liking the looks of the bestiary so far, dis gon be good
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:19:24 PM by OSM »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1428 on: May 27, 2015, 10:09:09 PM »
The gold chain coming out of the camel's eyes looks rather twisted in a Clive Barker-sort of way.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1429 on: May 27, 2015, 10:11:01 PM »
I've been off the board for a while and kinda outta touch with Bloodstained for the entire week for personal reasons. And I come back, and wow, a lot's happened. Firstly, this thread jumped like 30 pages. Jesus. I'm not reading through all that. lol

Then we got the Classic Mode, a bunch of 8-bit mini-stretch goals (what are those exactly?), and the biggest IGA castle yet funded, with a Wii-U port on the horizon! Now Nintendo-users are gonna be able to enjoy this game! I'm really curious as to what that next stretch goal is going to be.

IGA's magnum opus? I highly agree.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1430 on: May 28, 2015, 12:26:42 AM »
+5
IGA: taking the cameltoe to a next level.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1431 on: May 28, 2015, 12:37:06 AM »
I wonder, is getting the "Pyrite Coin" (the 50 backer achievements) the only way to see the final stretch goal? What happens if we meet the goal before we get that many achievements? Would that even be possible?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1432 on: May 28, 2015, 01:35:23 AM »
Did you guys notice that the estimated delivery on the backer rewards at the kickstarter page states March 2017?
We can start the countdown.... haha.  ;D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1433 on: May 28, 2015, 01:38:48 AM »
It's still just an estimation though.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1434 on: May 28, 2015, 04:53:24 AM »
It's a really good design except for the camel head. I'd say either just remove the head or let her ride on an actual camel like in the original depiction. Also, this design wouldn't be out of place in a Megami Tensei game.   

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1435 on: May 28, 2015, 05:17:05 AM »
+1
Also, this design wouldn't be out of place in a Megami Tensei game.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1436 on: May 28, 2015, 06:52:50 AM »
The boss reveal is pretty neat.  I'm thinking the Crescent Blades (or whatever they specifically were called) means this is our "Death" boss. :-)

I'm pretty excited about the WiiU port. I'm kinda hoping that if/when we hit it, it'll become one of the options for banners to get - I don't have the systems or the money for a XBone or PS4, and I wonder if, as I update my computer down the road, if a physical copy for Steam could become obsolete. Considering that I still have a working NES, I think I could use the WiiU copy for awhile.
Of course, I also really like the portability of a handheld system, so if a 3DS stretch goal existed and was reached...

I'm honestly very curious to how far they can take the stretch goals. Right now, I'm more interested in finding out what they are, rather than if we'll meet them.

Agreed, though I'm sure you'd agree that nonetheless I hope we make them too somehow.  Maybe there'll be some crazy surprise at the end where we get all the goals anyway because we came so far. :-D

Bloodstained Amiibo's please?
I'm not sure how I feel about this... my wallet can't take much more! X-P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1437 on: May 28, 2015, 07:50:54 AM »
It's a really good design except for the camel head. I'd say either just remove the head or let her ride on an actual camel like in the original depiction. Also, this design wouldn't be out of place in a Megami Tensei game.   

Her is more or less riding a camel, since these legs are from the camel too (its looks like as if she is dressing a camel as pants too lol)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Somanyte

• Awards
« Reply #1438 on: May 28, 2015, 09:44:59 AM »
Now that the first boss was revealed, and knowing that the Lesser Key of Solomon is the base lore... which demons would you like to see as bosses?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1439 on: May 28, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »
So I guess Deep Silver Owns the franchise now.

Apparently their parent company Koch media recently trademarked Bloodstained.

Seems like part of the publishing deal is ownership.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: