Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: American Juggalo  (Read 6907 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:00:02 PM »
This mini-documentary is so amazing. I'm serious—it's really entertaining to watch.

Though most of the time I don't know whether to laugh or feel really sad. :(

Warning: Boobs and even full-frontal nudity present.

American Juggalo on Vimeo
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
I had a friend who listens to ICP. He let me listen to a bunch of their songs and I was like, wtf dude? Seriously?
I mean, I'm all for alternative culture and music and shit, but alternative hip-hop? Meh.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:06:48 PM »
I like the Great Milenko cd thats about as far as it goes with me and icp

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:37:57 AM »
+2
Well there goes the last shred of hope for today's youth.

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Plus the fully nude chick, I didn't find her attractive in the least bit, her hair or whatever is on her head turned me off.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:40:10 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:10:48 AM »
+1
I was more horrified by her perfectly awful posture.

The "titties for a dollar" chick was pretty cute, though, and I can't help but be intrigued by and slightly attracted to the one who calls herself Maniac.

Though realistically I'd never wanna hang out with either because I hate people, especially women—especially Juggalettes.

By the way, when everyone talks about the gathering of fellow Juggalos being a "family," especially that group of dudes who start chanting "FAM-UH-LEE, FAM-UH-LEE," all I could think about is this Casey Jones reaction (at 0:25)—

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Movie (9/10)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:23:06 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:07:15 AM »
All I got to say about ICP is.... fuckin' magnets, how do they work?

Fuckin' Magnets, how do they work?
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 04:35:05 AM »
Ima magnet

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 05:36:55 AM »
+2
I know a guy who posts here, BingleGod, is/was a Juggalo. Otherwise, I've never had any experiences with them.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:50:06 AM »
+2
To go off of what he's told me, the whole subculture thing is certainly bizarre. On the other hand, it does provide a sense of community for people who are social outcasts or feel left out by society. It's a family-feeling brought on by the mutual love of a rap duo.

It's nowhere near my cup of tea, but I can respect the feeling of inclusiveness.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »
Every Juggalo I've sen looked like white trash. And every Juggalette... well, some I would fuck till my dick fell off and i can fuck a long-ass time... but most were either trash or junkies. And everytime I see a chick with that many piercings over her face, i can't help but think of the adult store employee from Moral Orel, Stephanie.
http://video.adultswim.com/moral-orel/stephanie-helps-orel.html
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:56:08 AM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »
To me, the Juggalo appear to be a modern version of the Hippie. Hippies were in essence an outcast of society as they were against the political/military state of mind that the majority of the world had embraced since the cold war began. So it looks like we're coming full-circle once more, but yeah they do look kind trashy. Each to their own I suppose.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 02:34:00 AM »
I remember first hearing about ICP in the mid/late 90s and not entirely understanding it. The whole culture is fascinating, I wonder what will happen to it with the inevitable demise of the original band through either retirement or death. Cult of personalities don't seem to do too well without a patron to keep them going after the original's death, but I'm sure someone close to the band will see enough money in it to keep it going one way or the other.

The band itself has gotten more "interesting" you might say, since their conversion (or "reveal" as they put it iirc) to Christianity. And the obvious difficulty of reconciling that religion with things like the verse about killing/violating a woman then using a broken broomstick in a very unpleasant way as recited by a Juggalo in the above video.

ICP has their own Wrestling Federation by the way, "Juggalo Championship Wrestling", formerly "Championshit" before their religious awakening.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggalo_Championship_Wrestling and the band themselves have wrestled for many years.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:34:18 AM by Ratty »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »
I thought it was just a morality awakening (said to be 'planned all along'), not a Christian conversion, despite some people equating their message to that of Christianity's? I believe I recall Shaggy and J denying any Christian connections in an interview.

As for will the Juggalo movement disappear when the band disbands or dies? According to what I knew at the time, Juggalos don't follow just the ICP, but there have been other groups absorbed into Psychopathic Records that also qualify you under the same title, such as Twizted. In a sense its as much an outcast community for the listeners, as the artists. Theoretically Juggalos can live on forever, as long as new artists join the ranks. I however don't know if that is still true.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 07:50:29 AM »
Nah it was Christian http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/09/insane-clown-posse-christians-god and funny thing about that interview, the video they're watching isn't by a college professor, odd they would assume that, not to mention that they think the video took 2 days to make.
The person who made the video actually responded to the interview as well - the video they're watching (in the interview) Understanding Insane Clown Posse's "Miracles" the response/reaction to the interview Insane Clown Posse: not fans of ZJ Also it is extremely disappointing, but sadly not surprising, if after all that talk of acceptance many Juggalos attack transgendered and/or gay people*. Not sure which Zinnia Jones identifies as.
*As someone is suggesting in the comments.

As for will the Juggalo movement disappear when the band disbands or dies? According to what I knew at the time, Juggalos don't follow just the ICP, but there have been other groups absorbed into Psychopathic Records that also qualify you under the same title, such as Twizted. In a sense its as much an outcast community for the listeners, as the artists. Theoretically Juggalos can live on forever, as long as new artists join the ranks. I however don't know if that is still true.
That's interesting, I guess I should have expected that ICP would have franchised out the Juggalo brand to lots of different bands already. That is given how deceptively organized they are, having their own wrestling federation/7 day festival etc. Looks like they've got it all set up to be a consistent money maker for their descendants.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:35:59 AM by Ratty »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 09:19:38 AM »
They're Christian now apparently. It's part of the gig to bash the trannys and fags- oops.

And yeah, guess I didn't hear that right, lol. Strange, but interesting. I can sort of understand where they're coming from with "Miracles" though, and I believe Mark Twain did a similar bit on rivers too in a short story. Understanding mystical happenings and miracles removes all the 'magic' and emotion in them. I know this to be especially true, having lost the magical feeling about many things as I further understand and research them.

In this light, it is most definitely true that ignorance is bliss. Go figure.

As an additional note, I'd be curious to know how the other groups licensed with Psychopathic Records reacted to this. Did some jump ship? Did they also tag along with it?

EDIT: Looking at the Psychopathic Records site briefly, I see ICP, Twizted, Blaze, and ABK listed on the main page. Seems like the same crew from years ago. Guess no one jumped ship.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:26:44 AM by uzo »

Tags: