Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056948 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1275 on: November 02, 2014, 12:01:50 AM »
+3
So, while watching Uzo curse at the gods for dying so much at Kid Dracula, I decided to actually upgrade Kid Dracula's sprite. Lelygax went further and proposed for me to create more forms for Kid Dracula beyond his Bat form. So I did:

For Kid Dracula himself, I made his colors a little different than the originally intended. He now has a wolf form, his bat form is an upgrade from the form he takes in the intro of the game (which boggles my mind as to why they didn't use this one ingame), and a mist form that is enabled when Kid Dracula holds his breath, and persists until he has to breathe again lol.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:09:29 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1276 on: November 02, 2014, 01:50:25 AM »
Wow, that is so creative, I was not expecting something done so fast like that! :o
You can post them in their 1x version too to compare with the original?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1277 on: November 02, 2014, 02:04:08 AM »
Posted it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:08:36 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1278 on: November 02, 2014, 03:12:09 AM »
Aaaaaaaah! Those sprites are so cute!

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1279 on: November 02, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »
=O They are very cool and smooth!! great job man!

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1280 on: November 03, 2014, 01:49:07 PM »
So, while watching Uzo curse at the gods for dying so much at Kid Dracula, I decided to actually upgrade Kid Dracula's sprite. Lelygax went further and proposed for me to create more forms for Kid Dracula beyond his Bat form. So I did:

For Kid Dracula himself, I made his colors a little different than the originally intended. He now has a wolf form, his bat form is an upgrade from the form he takes in the intro of the game (which boggles my mind as to why they didn't use this one ingame), and a mist form that is enabled when Kid Dracula holds his breath, and persists until he has to breathe again lol.

I love it! Altho the lightsource looks a little weird.

I messed with Alucard a bit, and got these:
Sigh... Does this thread just die whenever I come with sprites? :P I also brought more:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:22:00 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1281 on: November 10, 2014, 05:44:09 PM »
Es un dicho que dicen en los Estados Unidos cuando una persona muscular tiene unas piernitititas "Skipped 'Leg Day' " sugiere que la persona, cuando fue al gimnasio, no trabajo en sus piernas en el dia apropiado para trabajar en los musculos de piernas, si no que concentro todos sus dias en el gimnasio solo a su torso/brazos.

Thanks, now i know what you say.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1282 on: November 12, 2014, 09:05:05 PM »

Brotherhood Wiiiii

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1283 on: November 16, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »

Awesome!! But you totally forgot the most important part: daddy Dracula's umbrella.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1284 on: November 17, 2014, 06:40:09 PM »
LOL uzo, when I was starting to forget this...
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1285 on: November 19, 2014, 06:41:15 AM »
OK, since I made a lot of awards and wanted to give my input with some ideas for the sprite contest, but arrived too late and it was already decided that only one award was allowed, I'm dumping the sprites here!

Here are the awards. Only the Golden Bat is on the contest:

Here is the rationale I used to create them (plus some other sprites to accompany the suggestions I had in mind):

The first three awards follow a Castlevania Enemy Hierarchy: Golden Vampire Bat (Dracula) for the 1st place, the Silver Reaper Scythe (Death) for the 2nd place, and lastly the Bronze Medusa Head (Annoying/Hard enemy) for the 3th place.

Then I made special awards, too, based on the discussion I read at the thread and some of Uzo's quips:
-The Alloy Vampire Killer was a special award for the Honorable Mentions contestant. Sometimes we want to give the 1st place for two people, or they come to a Draw but one of them is too good to be 2nd, but not as good to be 1st. So they get an Alloy Vampire Killer. Meant to represent the Belmont's stuggle to defeat Dracula (symbolized by the 1st place winner trophy).

-The Alloy Pot Roast was a special award for artworks that are very original, but lack pixel skill. Different from the honorable mention above, though, this one doesn't look good enough to deserve one of the main three, but you wish it did, as the concept is too good to overlook, and the artist only needs more skill. (Meant to represent a player that tries with all his soul to beat Castlevania, but can't. He does, however, get to find a Pot Roast, and finding a Pot Roast is always welcome, but it doesn't help him beat the game, yet. It does makes him confident in trying again, though).

-The Heart Brooch was for people who took part on the contest, but won nothing. It's a "Participation Prize" and denotes a spriting devotee who is still too rough to truly compete. It serves as a spur to keep the artist spriting! (Meant to represent the commonplace-ness of the Heart. Everyone can get a Heart, but not everyone can beat the game)

-The last one, hoo boy... The Graveyard Duck prize would be awarded to those artworks edging on trollish. It's so bad it's good. Being bad at spriting, though, is not reason to win it. You would've to be so bad and the art must have such a sarcastic theme to it, that it wraps around and becomes actually good. Would be a very rare trophy to win. (Meant to represent that famed translation, that's so freakishly bad and out of place, that it's actually iconic and funny, deserving it's own place on the Castlevania lore).

Can ya animate 'em?  Teehee... :3
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1286 on: November 19, 2014, 09:31:07 PM »
He already did the animations (on the sprite contest post).
We are just waiting for you to encode them into the forum awards list.

Sorry for the almost-necroposting but.... It's finally here!

It took me quite some time to finish, since I was quite busy, but they're done; I hope you like them:

Any input is appreciated!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:32:39 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1287 on: November 20, 2014, 05:09:24 AM »
Not those animations (which I added yesterday or the day before, I forget).
I meant animations for the Heart Brooch, Graveyard Duck, Pot Roast, and VKiller. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1288 on: November 20, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »
This was hard as hell to make it, take a lot of time:

It was fun XD

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1289 on: November 20, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »
So smooth, how you did that?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~