Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Devil May Cry Reboot  (Read 51551 times)

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »
I just hope Stephanie Meyer doesn't decide to reboot her crappy Mary-Sue vampire series.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »
I just hope Stephanie Meyer doesn't decide to reboot her crappy Mary-Sue vampire series.

I hope she does... then maybe we'll get somethign good like this....

Offline Volt

• Hunter in Training
  • Big Boss
    • Awards
Re: Devil May Cry Reboot
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2010, 03:09:53 AM »
I hope she does... then maybe we'll get somethign good like this....

that would be awesome, I might actually disregard the monstrosity of Mary Sue's love if edward and vampires looked like this.

the thing with reboots...is that they don't usually work, I understand the nature of a reboot if the series is loosing or something, but not with so many fans that like the protagonist, why give them a giant middle finger?
when did a reboot increase the popularity of an already popular series?
My culture taught me that women are flowers to be protected and pure creatures, we are to be gentlemen and serve them. but you know what? they're *ssholes just like everybody else!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »
when did a reboot increase the popularity of an already popular series?

I think some reboots are nesissary. Take Star Trek for example. Rick Berman and his team have seriously F**ked up the continuity starting with Generations. And it only got worse from there *Cough* Enterprise *Cough*. However with J.J. Abrams' new Star Trek movie, we have a chance to so our favoret characters in the spotlight again and this time with a whole new sluth of adventures. Reboots have been around for a while now and I'm not sure when they became popular. I think maybe that the mass public wants to see their favoret show/movies/games again and that 50% of those will be successful being rebooted.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2010, 04:28:45 AM »

Someone posted that on Joystiq in the comments section. "Harder edged" indeed.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »

If it weren't for that damn tzimisce, you'd still be looking under rocks for us!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2010, 04:37:59 PM »
I'm not gonna lie i got mixed feelings about this game, he smokes now so thats a plus for me, statistics still show you are 30% cooler when you smoke. But after seeing how much he looks like the producer/director douche bag I'm really not cool with that..

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2010, 05:03:38 PM »
Same... but if it plays well, then whatever, I don't go into it for the main char's looks or the story. The only Dante I thought were cool was 1 and 2 anyway.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2010, 05:30:09 PM »
Quote from: Kale
Same... but if it plays well, then whatever, I don't go into it for the main char's looks or the story. The only Dante I thought were cool was 1 and 2 anyway.

Ninja Theory is making it, so chances are it won't play that well (in comparison to the other games, atleast)

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »
I havent played any of their other games so I cant really make an opinion on it, though I must say thats pretty lame they would redesign the lead character to look like the lead producer. And here I thought I was a narcissist .

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2010, 12:40:48 AM »
Fantastic Four is being rebooted too, everything's getting rebooted nowadays. Makes you wonder how Harry Potter managed to survive this long.
I don't think the act of rebooting is as bad as that, now, they aren't even waiting decades to reboot things. You mentioned Fantastic Four, which is a good example. They are doing it with Spider-Man too(another movie, which will take a more darker, realistic, gritty Nolan-wannabe take on our classic web slinger). They did it with the Hulk. Though, who knows, give a couple years and they might just jump back into the fray and reboot all the Harry Potter movies, the Saw movies, the LotR trilogy, and Superbad.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2010, 11:32:36 AM »
*sigh* read this guys
http://www.cheatmasters.com/cmnews/0/4317/news.html
it appears Capcom KNEW that we longtime DMC fans wouldn't like the knew design and basically didn't give a d*mn 
way to alianate the original DMC fans Capcom and basically give us the middle finger after 10 years of dedication to the series

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2010, 11:37:30 AM »
Well, like I said. If it plays good I'll play. Since I never gave a damn about the story or characters anyway. But if I have to sit through all the excruciating cutscenes... someone's gonna die.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2010, 11:43:28 AM »
Well, like I said. If it plays good I'll play. Since I never gave a damn about the story or characters anyway. But if I have to sit through all the excruciating cutscenes... someone's gonna die.
so let me get this straight
you only play DMC because of the gameplay?
lol your a totally different gamer then me dude because i honestly like Story and plot in my games and will not play a game if a hate the characters and story itself

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »
I love story... I play lots of games for story... just not DMC, and maybe some other games. As I hate Dante's guts after the first game... well second game, but I never got into the 2nd game to truly judge.

Tags: