Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How About A New Vagrant Story?  (Read 8025 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: September 15, 2007, 09:13:46 AM »
I was thinking and wandering,about how great Vagrant Story was.No many games like this have come out.Famitsus score was 45/45 and IGN's 9,6/10.So i was thinking,why not a second game?If you have played it and remember his ending,you can see Aslei having Sydneys powers.So they could easily come with a new scenario and make Vagrant Story 2 for PS2 or PS3 or another console.His dark atmosphere,sound track,game play,scenario and graphics,they were superb.I realy want another Vagrant Story.What do you say?How about ,to make a petition to Square Soft for Vagrant Story 2?Who is with me?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 10:01:35 AM »
I can't remember who, or where, but I remember someone said that the people who made it, said that since they can't top Vagrant Story, they will not try >.>

So ..... we won't see it.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 10:31:27 AM »
The same could be said for Castlevania.Since Symphony is a master peace,then IGA should have stop making new Castlevanias.I can't say that the new Castlevanias are supreme to Symphony,but they are also great.So if they don't try,they want find out if they can top Vagrant Story or not.This sounds to me like a cheap excuse from the team that made it.With that sense there shouldn't be Halo 2.Let's make them give a try by making a petition.If they see that people is interesting they might give a try.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 12:54:01 PM »
Meh, Petitions seem pointless to me, I never did beat Vagrant Story though... and sides, when did Square ever listen to its audiences?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 01:17:09 PM »
Maybe then if they don't listen to petitions,at least they might make a similar game.Wouldn't that be worth a trying?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 01:39:08 PM »
I guess.... but I'd rather have an FFT prequel. Ramza's father and TG Cid seems too cool to not learn more about them. If you start one, I'd like to see it. I just don't have much hope for petition, you'd probably get more done if you tried to create it yourself.

Steve

Re: How About A New Vagrant Story?
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 05:27:08 AM »
It'll never happen, at least not with the way things are now.  As it is, Square Enix is only interested in rehashing Final Fantasy over and over again.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 02:05:25 PM »
It's more likely that it'll be ported to PSP, which wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Vagrant Story was an ok game. I got about halfway through it, but just never finished it (it was kinda boring). However I'm willing to give it another try.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 07:45:42 AM »
In Reply To #8

Did you say boring?I can't believe it!You should realy give it another round and rethink it again.That game is excellent in every way and i wouldn't mind,if they transfer it to PSP.Also,because i have no idea about this,how and where can i start a petition about it?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 09:42:49 AM »
petition.com probably works but if you don't, googling it would get you atleast 2 or 3 pages for online petitons.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 10:30:43 AM »
In Reply To #10

Thanks.I'll give it a try,so come vote all of you guiz!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 03:00:45 PM »
You shouldn't waste your time... petitions really don't do anything (especially for video games).

I predict if FFTactics The Lion War does well, the chances of Vagrant Story PSP will increase!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 07:17:13 AM »
In Reply To #12

I hope you are right.I've post the link for the petition at three different forums,but until now i have get only to votes.Well i'm still hoping.
Ruler of Chaos

SymboliC

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 03:27:41 PM »

This game is ROCK. I remember countless hours just to get 8 frickin' Holy Win blades and hitting enemy dummies just for attributes.

I wish for a sequel.

Offline kupomogli

• Simon Belmont Forever
  • Forsaken
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »
In Reply To #14

Yeah.  Countless hours of hitting enemy dummies for attributes.  Vagrant Story was nothing more than a level grinder pretty much.  It had a great storyline, but not many people will want to suffer how boring it is to actually get to the end.

-andrew- -kupomogli-

Tags:

anything