Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Xbox brand finally turns a profit!  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« on: January 25, 2008, 05:40:47 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/24/the-xbox-turns-a-profit/
Yes, even after the RRoD fiasco, the xbox has turned a profit thanks to increased platform sales, Halo 3, and decreased manufacturing and promotion costs.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: The Xbox brand finally turns a profit!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
Yeah Microsoft seems to be learning from it's last gen. failure, and trying to  make the 360 appeal to everyone instead of filling it with FPS's and PC games like the original one. They actually got some good third party support this time other than tecmo and have some really fun games aside from their usual FPS's that sell like hotcakes. Not that I don't like FPS's I do but I prefer to play them on my comp. They're usually at least 10 bucks cheaper and the controls feel more natural for me. (I'm old) My store (blockbuster) rents out alot more 360 games than any of the other consoles, with Wii coming in a close second. We have just about as many 360 games as Wii games and almost no PS3. It looks like Sony may be the big loser this gen like Microsoft was last gen.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: The Xbox brand finally turns a profit!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:07:27 PM »
Well I hope it sells better in Japan. Too much importing into the US and too much Exporting out of Japan. I don't normally care but, man the US is knee deep in debt.

Tags:

anything