Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: To anyone with Windows 10  (Read 7406 times)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 04:00:29 PM »
i'm still using windows ME and it's completely fine i promise.

Good God I forgot about ME...

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 07:45:39 AM »
i'm still using windows ME and it's completely fine i promise.

How do you get it to not crash every 3-4 months?

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 09:59:55 PM »
Another update came along, my PC is now no longer freezing for seconds at a time every few minutes. It is now working properly again.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 10:42:01 PM »
mind you, windows 7 users aren't safe either. make sure you delete the most recent update or two. all they do is push the windows 10 ad on you, and add on Microsoft's telemetry and data collection systems from 10.

Google around, but theres some registry stuff you have to delete to Windows 10 proof your Windows 7.

Also, turn off automatic update. you dont need that shit. 7's already had all the updates it'll ever get years ago.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 02:06:34 AM »
My Win7 only has the SP1 upgrade and I don't plan on upgrading anymore. hahaha.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 09:21:17 AM »
mind you, windows 7 users aren't safe either. make sure you delete the most recent update or two. all they do is push the windows 10 ad on you, and add on Microsoft's telemetry and data collection systems from 10.

I haven't seen these Windows 10 update messages in a long while now. They must have stopped as the upgrade-for-free date has passed.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 11:57:58 AM »
I haven't seen these Windows 10 update messages in a long while now. They must have stopped as the upgrade-for-free date has passed.
if you have the latest updates though, you still have Microsoft's data collection stuff in your system

I did this myself some time ago

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3g7hr0/removing_telemetry_from_windows_7_and_8x/
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2016, 11:52:15 AM »
Win7 also has its own share of issues:
If you try to install it plus the SP1, clean, on a new computer, and then try to go to Windows Update, be prepared to leave the computer on overnight for several nights.  It downloads the newest security updates at a snail's pace, and the download meter stays at 0% even though it's somewhat working.

I'm running WinXP/Win7 in my main desktop, Win7 in my server, WinXP on the Radio Station computer, WinXP on the workstation laptop, and Win10 on the latest laptop.  I will look out for these Win10 issues on my latest purchase.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »
I'm personally avoiding Win8 and 10 till a better operating system comes out. Like I did when I was still using WinXP and the whole Vista debacle came out  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 12:42:20 PM »
Win10 actually seems pretty alright, so far, for me.
But, I do have to disable some background internet crap.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 08:52:02 PM »
dont forget that it got rid of the search bar to force you to use Cortana. (which collects your search data and sends it to MS)

Tags:

anything