Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981234 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2015, 04:11:48 PM »
I don't see any sensible reason to kickstart a mobile game, you can get any sort of dribble onto phones. There's a reason IGA has turned to Kickstarter to get this project going.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
I've never chipped in on a Kickstarter campaign, but if this is real (which it seems very much so) and it meets my hopes, such as pc/console release with 2d sprites, then I would consider donating a decent sum.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »
As excited for this game as I am I must say that If its banished to the handheld like the last IGA games where than I'm going to be disappointed.

If Mighty No. 9 can get a console release than this should as well, especially if its a kickstarter which I'm sure would do well with the right placements around the web given how starved the CV fanbase is ala Mega Man fanbase was before Mighty No. 9 was revealed.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2015, 04:24:52 PM »
+1
Stop FUCKING talking about mobile games please. NO.. NOOOOOOO.. NOOO STOP IT PLEASE STOP IT
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »
As excited for this game as I am I must say that If its banished to the handheld like the last IGA games where than I'm going to be disappointed.

If Mighty No. 9 can get a console release than this should as well, especially if its a kickstarter which I'm sure would do well with the right placements around the web given how starved the CV fanbase is ala Mega Man fanbase was before Mighty No. 9 was revealed.

Mighty No. 9 got almost 4 000 000. I think that is a bit unrealistic for "Sword or Whip" (dunno what else to call this project right now). I have no idea how much money they'd have to get to put this on multiple platforms. Maybe they're actually aiming for console/pc? It seems simpler to go that route than aim for handhelds first. Dunno.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2015, 04:44:02 PM »
Mighty No. 9 got almost 4 000 000. I think that is a bit unrealistic for "Sword or Whip" (dunno what else to call this project right now). I have no idea how much money they'd have to get to put this on multiple platforms. Maybe they're actually aiming for console/pc? It seems simpler to go that route than aim for handhelds first. Dunno.

Yea 4 mill is unrealistic, but I think given how starved the CV fanbase is for a proper title it making 2.5 million is reasonable enough, and who knows it may suprise you with 3 million.

After all as much as I love Mega Man I never thought the kickstarter would reach as much money as It did, but like CV I believed it would do well given how neglected the fanbase has felt from Capcom.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2015, 04:45:51 PM »
Aaaagh, I haven't felt this hype since Order of Ecclesia. Count IGA's revival is finally at hand!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »
+4

Offline deadsanto123

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2015, 04:54:42 PM »
+1
Did you guys see this on the neogaf thread,

Take the following with a MOUNTAIN of salt, but the following comes from /v/. I will quote it verbatim.

"It's real. Game is going to be called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Kickstarter goes live May 11th. Main character is NotShanoa named Miriam. She has rune tattoos on her body. NotAlucard will be named Gebel.

Screen cap this."

The same user mentioned Michiru Yamane is on board as composer.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2015, 04:57:17 PM »

Take the following with a MOUNTAIN of salt, but the following comes from /v/. I will quote it verbatim.

"It's real. Game is going to be called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Kickstarter goes live May 11th. Main character is NotShanoa named Miriam. She has rune tattoos on her body. NotAlucard will be named Gebel.

Screen cap this."

This user seems to be playing off that she is, in fact, PORTRAITofRUIN.

I don't know how well I buy into it. Being /v/ and all, it could just be a fan hijacking hype for hyperbole.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2015, 04:57:56 PM »
+1
Ritual of the Night?
Bloodstained?

Sounds slightly..untrue. But it's probably legit. I BELIEVE EVERYTHING AT THIS POINT.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:00:09 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2015, 05:02:04 PM »
The name sounds goofy enough to be a rift on Castlevania but im still not sold yet.

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2015, 05:02:30 PM »
+2
If notShanoa is in this, i'll be donating in the hundreds. No joke.
(click to show/hide)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2015, 05:03:08 PM »

Screen cap this."

Skeptic, but it doesn't sound so farfetched it would be untrue. We shall see.

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »
My whip is ready.

Tags: