Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981597 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3720 on: June 23, 2019, 01:47:41 AM »
Lololol apparently I'm in the credits... TWICE!! XD

OMG! I saw that too! Hahaha.

I'm with dengojin @12:38 center column. It's the only one with the &.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:50:39 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3721 on: June 23, 2019, 04:55:56 AM »
I "finished" the game early Friday afternoon.  I only had a little over 8 hours in it and got 99.00%.  I think its a great game, but like many have said, for the money involved, let alone the time vs the product it feels a bit underwhelming.  But still a great game nonetheless.  I recently setup a dedicated gaming PC so i bought the PC version and didn't experience any crashes, but that doesn't hold true for glitches.  2 that i noticed and had happen several times were while sliding you can easily get stuck in some areas, especially in areas with rock type backgrounds.  And i've also had times i've been using different shards and got stuck ON TOP of the water.  Only being able to get reset was getting hit by an enemy.  I think that has to do with an animation + movement bug.  Other than that, yeah it was great.  I stopped playing after beating a particular boss that you have to revisit in the game to find him at the end and get his ability.  As soon as i got it i saved and haven't played since.  And i agree with the oriental lab, between that and the underground desert im not sure which one left me scratching my head as to why they were there lol.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3722 on: June 23, 2019, 04:05:12 PM »
+1
Has anyone else found the clan special item really useful for a decent chunk of time?  I certainly have.  I’ve just come across the customisation area with a certain character, and it tickled my funny-bone.  I love that you can recolour Miriam to sport Alucard’s colour scheme, complete with blonde hair, gold eyes, and black and gold clothes.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3723 on: June 24, 2019, 03:04:38 AM »
+1
Has anyone else found the clan special item really useful for a decent chunk of time?  I certainly have.  I’ve just come across the customisation area with a certain character, and it tickled my funny-bone.  I love that you can recolour Miriam to sport Alucard’s colour scheme, complete with blonde hair, gold eyes, and black and gold clothes.

Oh goody goody! I'll remember that. :)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3724 on: June 24, 2019, 03:05:05 PM »
But out of the detailed critics, I'm very curious to know the opinions of you guys...
Is this game what you guys wanted for?
it's living your expectations for a true CV game, even not having the name in the title??
i've not backed this game, but enjoyed the Curse of the Moon at most, and I'm sure that I'll buy this game after later updates :3

I think it is pretty much what I expected it to be - a high-quality console metroidvania similar to Symphony of the Night.  That said, it isn't the game I wanted, neither in gameplay or aesthetic, but I think it's a really good spiritual successor to Symphony of the Night.  What I REALLY want is a new classic-style Castlevania game with more replay value, like Rondo of Blood, but in the art style of what we got for the Castlevania stage in Smash Bros. Ultimate.  But then again, I've always been outspoken about how much I hate that the metroidvania changed Castlevania.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3725 on: June 24, 2019, 03:40:45 PM »
From what I understand, the console ports are terribly glitchy and the steam version less so, but still pretty finicky...:(

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3726 on: June 24, 2019, 10:34:14 PM »
I'm happy with my GOG version.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3727 on: June 25, 2019, 12:22:41 AM »
From what I understand, the console ports are terribly glitchy and the steam version less so, but still pretty finicky...:(

How are the patches?

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3728 on: June 25, 2019, 06:06:39 AM »
I just beat the ps4 version last night, best ending.  Other than the chest glitch from the patch, which I was easily able to work around without having to restart, I had no noticeable glitches other than the green circle from one shard staying around me after a deactivated it.  Nothing that effected the gameplay at all.  Maybe I was just lucky, but I am assuming people are complaining and exaggerating because it is their nature to do so.  I thought it was fantastic.  I need to digest it more, and experience the plethora of other modes and features coming our way, but I feel this very possibly could be Iga's best work yet.  I certainly prefer the Castlevania aesthetic, this was just a bit too colorful and anime-y for me, but I am still blown away in general.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #3729 on: June 25, 2019, 09:02:45 AM »
I want to buy this on Switch. Is the port as bad as they say?

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3730 on: June 25, 2019, 01:24:54 PM »
I want to buy this on Switch. Is the port as bad as they say?

Some people say it is bad other say it is perfectly fine for a handheld.

I will surely buy it on Switch just to support IGA even though I just 100% the game on PS4.

I have no problems with lower resolution or 30 FPS with dips. I am not that elitist in terms of performance. All I need is for the game to be playable and fully packed on the physical media.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #3731 on: June 25, 2019, 03:09:53 PM »
Don't think this was posted yet. A synopsis of the history of the development of Bloodstained and everything it went through to get where it is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KXxL3W8T2A

I want to know who that mysterious benefactor for the game's initial funding was.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #3732 on: June 25, 2019, 05:47:45 PM »
Some people say it is bad other say it is perfectly fine for a handheld.

I will surely buy it on Switch just to support IGA even though I just 100% the game on PS4.

I have no problems with lower resolution or 30 FPS with dips. I am not that elitist in terms of performance. All I need is for the game to be playable and fully packed on the physical media.
Yeah, I saw a comparison video and somethings looked to have more details. I'll probably get it because it looks good. I only wish I donated to be in the credits.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3733 on: June 26, 2019, 12:31:44 AM »
Playing through NG+ on hard, and this game is fantastic. I wasn't too impressed with the bestiary at first, but it gets better. The environments are gorgeous. I've played SOTN to death, so this will be my go-to for Metroidvanias for a long time. Trying to see how strong I can get for Nightmare Mode through stat boosts from food and shard rankings.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3734 on: June 26, 2019, 01:48:20 AM »
At least it certainly seems like the team is determined to fix things with the Switch port: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2547316

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: