Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A Massacre in Norway... And Amy Winehouse is dead.  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: A Massacre in Norway... And Amy Winehouse is dead.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 04:51:32 AM »
I wasn't even aware that Amy Winehouse was such a big deal.  I've only heard her name in passing the last few years...can't even think of a single song of hers that I've heard.  But considering how celebrity-obsessed popular culture has become during the last 10 years, I'm not surprised that the wreckless ending to her tragic life is getting more press than an ACTUAL human tragedy like what happened in Norway.  No disrespect meant towards Ms. Winehouse, but considering she was merely a victim of her own demons I can't see how she's deserving of so much press.  Just a sad reflection on society as a whole if you ask me.

THIS exactly. Really disappoints me that more people don't pay attention to what happened in Norway. I swear, on Facebook, every day, I'd see about 800 posts about Amy Winehouse, and not a single one about Norway. (So I did the honors and posted about it myself)

By the way, on terms of her music, you're not really missing anything you haven't already heard before.

Again, I mean no disrespect towards Amy Winehouse, but I'd like it if more people where I live actually gave a damn about the incident in Norway.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »
I've heard much, much more about what happened in Norway than I have of Winehouse...but I'm not surprised to hear that people are making a bigger deal about her death, either. Especially since it sounds like her life was such a mess, and people really love to latch onto that sort of stuff.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 11:03:27 PM »
...And Amy Winehouse is dead.

Who doesn't already know this? Girl has has been dead for years. I guess even as a zombie she could still sing.

Pictured above: And insatiable and ravenous hunger brains
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Tags: