Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I'm not really a fan of this 'respect' system.  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: I'm not really a fan of this 'respect' system.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »
I think it's a good barometer of respect, though. Nearly all of us say stuff people agree (or disagree with) all the time. To get respect, though, one must make a particularly thoughtful, considered post. If there was an argument about a game and I just said "awsum" or "sux," sure, maybe I'd get +1 or 2, but if I wrote an amusing, insightful assessment of the game's strengths or weaknesses, I'd probably garner a bit more respect. The same, of course, applies to disrespect as well.

That said, prunyuu~s and -samas are a good way of earning respect too. :D;;;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: I'm not really a fan of this 'respect' system.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 03:41:16 AM »
+1
This topic makes me think of Aretha Franklin.

If you are worried about respect/disrespect points, you're worried about the wrong thing.

Tags:

anything