Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: POLYBIUS - The Video Game That Doesn't Exist  (Read 4929 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
POLYBIUS - The Video Game That Doesn't Exist
« on: September 12, 2017, 02:17:55 PM »
+1
How many urban legends have been created via the internet?
Probably quite a lot. The tale of the infamous arcade game POLYBIUS is one of them.

Cool story to watch if you have an hour to spare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7X6Yeydgyg
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: POLYBIUS - The Video Game That Doesn't Exist
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:57:16 PM »
+1
I turned the "broken" Arcade cabinet into Polybius in Neon Arcade simulator

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: POLYBIUS - The Video Game That Doesn't Exist
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 07:06:01 PM »
That was excellent. Ahoy is quickly becoming one of my favorite YouTube channels, mostly because of the impressive amount of effort put forth in each video. Same thing with Guru Larry (who had a brief cameo in this one)...their videos always have quite a bit of substance to them.

Polybius always seemed like a story that was too good to be true (not to say that a shadowy, brain-melting arcade cabinet is good, but I digress). And like this video touched on, the whole Polybius legend seemed to be cobbled together and inspired by other gaming myths and real-life events.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags: