Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Battle of Eternity [fangame]  (Read 21217 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Battle of Eternity [fangame]
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2011, 10:16:51 AM »
Wow bad_john that is one hell of a start to an engine. Extremely talented art aswell. That looks very smooth and nicely done!!!! Yeah that project is totally kick ass dude. Kudos!!!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
Epic 3-month old necro in the post above.  :o

Hey Esco, I was just looking through this and saw the post about palette cycling. Have you tried the GIF Hard Edit method yet where you open the GIF file the sprite is stored in and rewrite the palette data?

The other method I'm considering, although I haven't gotten around to using it yet, is to create the palette-swapped enemy sprites when you transition from room to room, then delete the sprite when you transition to the next room. It might still be slow, but it only makes extra sprites for the enemies in the current room rather than all enemies. As long as you don't flood a room with four or five different enemies, this should in theory work fine. This of course would only be necessary if creating a single-frame sprite on the fly would be too slow during actual gameplay.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: