Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: HO HO HO thoughts about satan  (Read 11845 times)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: HO HO HO thoughts about satan
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 03:15:38 PM »
I was pretty neutral regarding the idea of Satan being the big bad at first.  At least, until I learned that Gabriel was going to become Dracula.  Also, the idea that we will be playing as Dracula in LoS2 and likely fight Satan as Dracula is kind of exciting.  I mean two dark entities fighting each other to become the Lord of Darkness and lead the forces of evil against God.  Come on, super powerful vampire versus fallen angel.  I couldn't think of a more epic battle.  Let's just hope that Mercury Stream doesn't screw it up.  I can't wait to play as an evil character for once.  Fighting on the side of good in the service of God is overrated and boring. 

Screw God!!!  Darkness is cool!!!
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
+1
First let me say that I loved Lords of shadow, and thought it was a VERY interesting spin on the classic castlevania games mythology.

Now as for the version of satan they used: he was not only LAME, but very easy to beat even on the HARDEST setting. He didn't even have a second form.

I expected something like out of Dante's inferno, or even Devil May Cry (Mundus was just an AWESOME boss, and he is their equivalent of Satan) and instead got a plain looking model surrounded by some dark energy. And on top of all this, he barely had any cool attacks at all. Just boring generic stuff for the most part and colored rings. **YAWN**

- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 05:32:09 PM »
First let me say that I loved Lords of shadow, and thought it was a VERY interesting spin on the classic castlevania games mythology.

Now as for the version of satan they used: he was not only LAME, but very easy to beat even on the HARDEST setting. He didn't even have a second form.

I expected something like out of Dante's inferno, or even Devil May Cry (Mundus was just an AWESOME boss, and he is their equivalent of Satan) and instead got a plain looking model surrounded by some dark energy. And on top of all this, he barely had any cool attacks at all. Just boring generic stuff for the most part and colored rings. **YAWN**
Yeah, it was kind of lame.  It was almost move-for-move the exact same as the fight with the silver warrior (Pan).  Satan should have had more powers we shouldn't have had infinite magic.  Hell, Gabriel had more powers and skills than Satan.  That's disappointing.  I like the idea of countering light magic with shadow magic and shadow magic with light magic, but the battle could have been so much more.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 05:38:32 PM »

Something like the Forgotten One? Dracul is more powerful than Gabriel, Because he has the powers of Forgotten One
Satan could not with Grabiel, much less with Dracul

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Resurrection (Ending)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »
That's one thing I didn't like about Satan in LOS, he was awfully weak for the ruler of hell and all. But as his beastiary stated, his power is greatly limited on Earth due to being chained in Hell and did not expect Gabriel to life with infinite magic. Still they should have made him tougher with more interesting attacks.

When he comes back in LOS2 (at this point he's most likely gonna be the final boss again), he better unchain himself and bring hell to Earth cause I want a no holds barred battle between Dracula and Satan next time, with final forms for the both of them. Just picture Satan transforming into his true form and then Dracula transforming as well, that shit would be amazing.

Oh and while I didn't like his in game model(it looked plain tbh) I did like his artwork and that he actually  looked like a fallen angel. Just hope they put as much effort into his design next time and just don't give him black smoke pants, at least put a loincloth on him, Dracula did (see the CG trailer).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:02:32 PM by Kingshango »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 06:15:34 PM »
+1
HO HO HO is it confirm that's a statue of Satan in the first LoS2 trailer? i mean it loox like him but did Cox actually confirm it? Dragon put Satan on crucifix statue in his chamber?

I just thought it was weird when Dragon gave Satan this whole spiel on how God still loves Satan & we should all seek forgiveness, then a couple hours later he forgets all that & becomes vampire. Dragon contradicted himself, or poor writing on the developer's part.

Butt I can't wait to play as Dragon in LoStwo too, i just hope there won't be a QTE when he's biting his enemies. And Kingshango when you say Satan artwork do you mean the in-game?
(click to show/hide)

or this?

i don't think Satan will be last boss again, i think MercurySteam got something unique planned for last boss, Dragon will no doubt fight Satan, but Belmont must fight Dragon.

Off-Topic: what if Mark Hamill dies before Episode VII is released  :-[

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
I thought then and I still think now, that I hate the misnomer. Satan isn't Lucifer and vice versa. The last boss of LoS is most definitely Lucifer.
Other than that I didn't much like how he was handled. He's written pretty, meh. And the whole manipulator behind the curtain thing has been done to death. That whole set up really diminished both He and Zobek as big-bads.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:34:11 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »
There are many legends of mortal men who managed to defeat Satan.

Lucifer = King of Angels
Satan = King of Hell

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 07:24:25 PM »
There are many legends of mortal men who managed to defeat Satan.

Lucifer = King of Angels
Satan = King of Hell

The Satan is only mentioned a couple of times in the Old Testament/Tanakh. He's an angel God has sent to earth to test certain humans. His title means the adversary as in a prosecutor in a trial so to speak. Also, The Satan is never equated to Lucifer at any point in any original scripture neither implicitly or explicitly.
And, on a side note, Lucifer isn't the Serpent either.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:31:53 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »
HO HO HO is it confirm that's a statue of Satan in the first LoS2 trailer? i mean it loox like him but did Cox actually confirm it? Dragon put Satan on crucifix statue in his chamber?

I thought it was a regular statue at first but then I noticed the angel wings on the back, plus having Satan crucified in his chambers would act as a reminder of his victory against him. Either that or he fought another angel with long hair again.

Quote from:
I just thought it was weird when Dragon gave Satan this whole spiel on how God still loves Satan & we should all seek forgiveness, then a couple hours later he forgets all that & becomes vampire. Dragon contradicted himself, or poor writing on the developer's part.

A bit of both prolly. But when you think about it, he gave that speech thinking he was gonna get his wife back and all that good stuff but it didn't happen. As a result, he started questioning his faith in God and what he really said back then was nothing. Well that's what I got outta that whole thing.  :-\

Quote from:
And Kingshango when you say Satan artwork do you mean the in-game?
(click to show/hide)

That's the one, much better than what we got in game imo.

Quote from:
i don't think Satan will be last boss again, i think MercurySteam got something unique planned for last boss, Dragon will no doubt fight Satan, but Belmont must fight Dragon.

Here's how I think it's gonna go down:

Dracula will fight Belmont near the end of the game, they fight but the battle is interupted. (This is where I draw a blank)
Dracula goes on and reaches Satan and they fight multiple times, Satan is defeated.
Zobek returns and offers to end Dracula's eternal suffering.
Then suddenly, CHOICE TIME! Let Zobek free you or refuse and fight him.
Accept: Dracula is free and game ends roll credits
Refuse: Dracula declines and decided if anyone is going to kill me, it's my kin.
Zobek get's pissed and transforms into his Death form, complete with a badass scythe.
Dracula defeats Zobek and absorbs his power to control his Death, thus giving him the power to permanantly die if he chooses to.
Belmont appears once more and he and Dracula do a dramatic staredown and exchange a few words
Final boss: Belmont

I'll let you decided the ending to that.

Of course none of this could happen but eh. (Although I we do get to beat Zobek's face in.)

Quote from:
Off-Topic: what if Mark Hamill dies before Episode VII is released  :-[
I hope not. :(
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:31:49 PM by Kingshango »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »
HO HO HO another thing that bugs me are the God and Devil masks; they weren't really clear on what their true purpose was, or those plot points were executed poorly. As I understand it the God Mask makes you "God's vassal on Earth," yet all it truly did was make ghosts appear more visible (Marie became "solid" when Gabriel put it on, and he was still stronger than Satan even with the mask on, despite it containing "Holy Power." People might argue that Satan is an evil being thus he cannot use the God Mask to his benefit, yet he was still capable of using Light & Dark magic so that just doesn't make sense. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.)

Then there's the Devil Mask, which to my knowledge only makes the wearer do things he doesn't wanna do or unaware of. It only served to help Zobek "transform," which he didn't even need to do in the first place (due to what he is and represents).

I think they just wanted a plot device similar to the Ebony & Crimson Stones from LoI, except those served a more clear purpose, imo

Tags: