Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Which is Better ?  (Read 16295 times)

Offline Hayoam

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:45:13 AM »
Hello Castlevania Community  8)
I just want to hear your opinions on this  :D
Which is better for you Curse of Darkness or Lords of Shadow

in my opinion Curse of Darkness is totally better than lords of Shadow

What do You think  :rollseyes: :rollseyes: :rollseyes: :rollseyes:

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:51:06 AM »
+2
Not sure if serious...

Offline Hayoam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:59:04 AM »
Ok it's not about the graphics
It's about the gameplay

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 06:35:03 AM »
If i was a hardcore Cv fan,i wouldn't really consider LoS to be a true Cv game..  :-\
Both seems to be fine gameplay-wise.Graphics are just irrelevant in this case.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 06:46:37 AM »
+3
Gameplay-wise, Lords of Shadow shits all over Curse of Darkness.

Music-wise, Curse of Darkness shits all over Lords of Shadow.

LoS has chain-swinging similar to Super Castlevania IV
CoD has a wide variety of weapons to use, including a baseball bat & a guitar (seriously)
LoS has substantial platforming but too much wall-shimmying & plank-walking
CoD has little-to-no platforming & Hector runs too slow
LoS has unlockable combos
CoD has devil forging, "familiars" that you can & must use in battle

Personally I enjoyed the overall narrative in CoD, LoS' was okay but too predictable.

Trevor Belmont is & always will be a cooler Belmont than Gabriel Belmont.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 06:51:43 AM »
+3
Trevor Belmont is & always will be a cooler Belmont than Gabriel Belmont.

Seconded...  8)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 07:11:02 AM »
Definetly Curse of Darkness man. Lord of Shadow excelled in alot of areas for sure. 1. amazing graphics(perhaps the best i've ever seen on ps3 at that time), cool bosses, enemies, a zelda esk approach with the medallions and the pieces you collect of dead soldiers like heart containers. Plus the fact that the game was task oriented and had puzzles like zelda was pretty awesome. I loved that aspect of it. But where the game really trails off for me is the storyline. As original as it was and as unexpected as it was it didnt' add up to me. What exactly is Zobrek's goals? That mere fact he becomes death and gabriel dracula does not really appeal at all to me. I don't see fighting as a good guy to become a bad guy. This storyline had sadness written all over it. Not but even one happy part too it. You murder your wife, and that poor girl by being tricked and not knowing it, then you can't forgive yourself and become dracula? Really? Yeah i would hope the future of Vania games have better storylines and endings than that. They'd have been better off leaving the ending where he sees his wife and that girl ascend to heaven. Not all that jazz after word. Yeah we get the picture the devil is more or less rivals with gabriel at this point. But like others say is this storyline plausable to be canonized. I could see CV Legends being more canonized than that. How does everyone keep becoming dracula?  Well in the strange case of Curse of Darkness it appeals far more to me. That ending was much better and far more positive. I think in a day were gloom and doom sorta fills the atmosphere, people need positive enlightenemtn. Even if it's from a video game, like say an ending. In all honesty curse of darkness's levels  were long and hector runs sooooooooo slooooooowwww! I did like the enemies and the bosses defeintly. The fact that their weren' enough bosses could have been changed. Also the enemies seemed regurgated in certain areas. And ogre's and cyclop's tend to look the same with their pallete's edited. Yeah they coulda put in more enemies for sure. But i did like the levels,concept and the storyline was pretty damn awesome. Much better than that of LoS imo. Plus it adds great drama to the 1476 era of CV3. I actually liked how konami remeshed a side story with another story from that era. That was pretty ingenious of them. I do like orginality i won't lie, and both games definetly had that, but Los storyline tanked imo, in comparision to CoD. CoD is definetly thier top 3d game imo. LoS had a lot of good concepts but they defeintly need to get a better storyline script writer for their game in the future. I also like in CoD how they give the unlockable player Trevor more leverage on his game than they did with the vampire guy from lament. I almost wouldn't mind seeing them start to make a full fledge game for the unlockable players with differnt paths, and different levels,achievements, etc.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 08:30:13 AM »
+4
Lords of Shadow is the better game, by far.

Curse of Darkness is more Castlevania than Lords, though.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »
They're both awful video games, but Curse of Darkness' general aesthetic is way more interesting.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »

Tabloid title, flamebait topic, what was I expecting?

I'm not even answering.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »
How do you even begin to compare the two...

LoS vs LoI would have made so much more sense...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 11:48:21 AM »
+2
I... and....I....

You know what, Im taking the third option, Castlevania Judgement is better that Curse of Darkness, Lords of Shadow, Lament of Innocence, Legacy of Darkness and Vanilla Castlevania 64 combined.

Castlevania Judgement is truly the superior 3D Castlevania with the best art direction and character design the series has ever seen, trumping Kojima's "manlady" art style. The combat is better, the music is masterful and the story is on par with Citizen Kane, a true work of art and the Castlevania game we deserve and the Castlevania game we need.

*Note: this is not sarcasm*

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 11:49:58 AM »
+1
Gameplay-wise, Lords of Shadow shits all over Curse of Darkness.

Music-wise, Curse of Darkness shits all over Lords of Shadow.
I agree with that, though LoS' music had a very epic feeling. I wonder how good could sound CoD's music with a full orchestra and choir. It'd be awesome.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »

Tabloid title, flamebait topic, what was I expecting?

I'm not even answering.
Well, you don't even have to answer. You're one of those people that,  you can just say "Hi!" and we already know where you stand on the matter.  ;)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »
@Las

Oh no, the Impenetrable Wall of Text!  We're all doomed :-\
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

anything