Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Crazy Idea for a game  (Read 7813 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:58:47 PM »
 Please, don't laugh  :-[

But I thought about a area/map that happens inside your mind/soul and you need to explore and battle a boss inside it. Imagine the Nightmare from SOTN, but its not only a room, its a explorable area and should bear some importance for the story. You will free yourself from a great evil that otherwise would control your body totally and can even trigger a bad ending if you tried to finish the game without doing this "meditation" thing.  :)

I've thought about using this idea to introduce the Kischine family and oriental things to CV universe, like how Jiang Shi popped in Romania to start with.  ;)

I'm afraid of saying all the rest of my idea and plot since I've trouble to believe (give confidence) to people (I've been backstabbed so many times IRL). When I feel ready I'll tell all the rest.  :-X

What I want to know is: Its doable for a CV game? Even if its included in a remake that have already a similar plot? Or it sounds stupid and I was right in hiding this idea in my mind? I've thought about that since I joined the forum (KaZ gave this idea to me, not directly or with words, but he inspired me before joining here).  :-\

If you mix all the pieces you should know exactly what I plan to do, but for now its better to receive a feedback before putting my horses ahead and be disappointed afterwards because my idea isn't interesting.  :-X

Please, talk the truth but with care, this really means a lot to me (like anyone that have a idea and thinks its one of the best ideas he/she ever had).  :P

edit: corrected a typo.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:42:32 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:40:23 PM »
Sounds like it could be interesting.
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 10:10:15 PM »
+1
I wanna hear the Rest...

The Nightmare Room with Plot Sounds great, especially given a dream world you can do all kinds of Crazy Stuff.

Eastern Implementation is Brilliant, I want to either remake or make a crossover with Getsu Fuuma in the Future (Spoiler: I planned for Fuuma to be a secret Stage and character in a certain hiatus game)

Castlevania as a "genre" in in need for fresh new ideas

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 12:24:05 AM »
+1
It's not stupid, sounds like a good idea to me. I always wanted (still want) to do a game with more than one good ending. E.g. not completing the "nightmare" would not necessarily lead you to a bad ending, but a different one, maybe a more interesting ending than 'default' ending. Even you could offer exclusive items only available if you do "anti-heroic" tasks (*evil laugh*)

What do you mean by oriental things? I myself am considering to introduce anime and movie references in my project, but still not sure. I think almost everything is doable if you have the talent to do it, but i guess a totally new game is better place to experiment with untapped & "revolutionary" ideas. However, the choice is yours. If it's a valuable idea to you, go for it. That way you will know if it's a good or bad idea.

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 12:53:52 AM »
Give it a shot. Nothing to lose right?  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 02:50:25 AM »
+1
Hmmm... Ninjas come from Japan.
And Jiang Shi is Chinese in origin....
They might have entered Europe via the Silk Road.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 08:02:06 AM »
I wanna hear the Rest...

The Nightmare Room with Plot Sounds great, especially given a dream world you can do all kinds of Crazy Stuff.

Eastern Implementation is Brilliant, I want to either remake or make a crossover with Getsu Fuuma in the Future (Spoiler: I planned for Fuuma to be a secret Stage and character in a certain hiatus game)

Castlevania as a "genre" in in need for fresh new ideas

I've not really thought about a Dream World (it sounds really cool, they should do more games using that aspect), I thought more about like a trip to your inner world. Imagine that AoS final area, its done in a bad way since they only glued random rooms, it seems that they tried to expand the Nightmare aspect (they even used grayed colors again) but instead of doing something new they reused things.

I think that I know of what hiatus game you are talking about xD

It's not stupid, sounds like a good idea to me. I always wanted (still want) to do a game with more than one good ending. E.g. not completing the "nightmare" would not necessarily lead you to a bad ending, but a different one, maybe a more interesting ending than 'default' ending. Even you could offer exclusive items only available if you do "anti-heroic" tasks (*evil laugh*)

What do you mean by oriental things? I myself am considering to introduce anime and movie references in my project, but still not sure. I think almost everything is doable if you have the talent to do it, but i guess a totally new game is better place to experiment with untapped & "revolutionary" ideas. However, the choice is yours. If it's a valuable idea to you, go for it. That way you will know if it's a good or bad idea.

I love alternate endings, Silent Hill did good things in that aspect, they even did funny ones.

In oriental things I mean these already in the CV universe (like Jiang Shi, the Kischine family as ninjas, oriental weapons, etc.), I dont plan to exagerate and make it become Sailorvania (I love Sailor Moon BTW, but thats unrelated xD).

Hmmm... Ninjas come from Japan.
And Jiang Shi is Chinese in origin....
They might have entered Europe via the Silk Road.

My thoughts didnt reached the geographical part yet, but that seems interesting.

--------------------

Okay, I feel ready to spill the beans, you guys/gals gave the confidence that I needed. My hints were: Kischine family (so it must have happened before HoD, its the major hint), KaZ inspired me (so it was something to do with one of KaZ projects that he worked before I joined the forums), Romania (so it happens in Romania), remake (so its a remake from a already existing game) and free yourself from a great evil.

If you already knew before reading this, congratulations. If you knows now, you still did a good job and if you still dont know, you will discover in this spoiler along with more info xD

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:04:18 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 04:38:32 PM »
I've not really thought about a Dream World (it sounds really cool, they should do more games using that aspect), I thought more about like a trip to your inner world. Imagine that AoS final area, its done in a bad way since they only glued random rooms, it seems that they tried to expand the Nightmare aspect (they even used grayed colors again) but instead of doing something new they reused things.

I think that I know of what hiatus game you are talking about xD

I love alternate endings, Silent Hill did good things in that aspect, they even did funny ones.

In oriental things I mean these already in the CV universe (like Jiang Shi, the Kischine family as ninjas, oriental weapons, etc.), I dont plan to exagerate and make it become Sailorvania (I love Sailor Moon BTW, but thats unrelated xD).

My thoughts didnt reached the geographical part yet, but that seems interesting.

--------------------

Okay, I feel ready to spill the beans, you guys/gals gave the confidence that I needed. My hints were: Kischine family (so it must have happened before HoD, its the major hint), KaZ inspired me (so it was something to do with one of KaZ projects that he worked before I joined the forums), Romania (so it happens in Romania), remake (so its a remake from a already existing game) and free yourself from a great evil.

If you already knew before reading this, congratulations. If you knows now, you still did a good job and if you still dont know, you will discover in this spoiler along with more info xD

(click to show/hide)
I like all this...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »
I like this idea and I'd like it to become a game.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 04:33:59 AM »
+1
Lely, go for it!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 02:37:13 PM »
Lely, go for it!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I will answer more unanswered questions now, since some days have passed and no one said anything like "keep these secrets to you for now" or something like that.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 08:19:10 AM »
It sounds like a cool idea. Is this perhaps a part of Simons curse that he finds himself battling this inner demon in his mind throughout the game?

Also. Dracula's body parts were scattered because this was a way of ensuring that he would not rise from the grave. I think this is something that was really done with the bodies of those thought to be a vampire.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:50:56 AM by MontoyaGraphics »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 01:19:37 PM »
It sounds like a cool idea. Is this perhaps a part of Simons curse that he finds himself battling this inner demon in his mind throughout the game?

Yes. :)

Also. Dracula's body parts were scattered because this was a way of ensuring that he would not rise from the grave. I think this is something that was really done with the bodies of those thought to be a vampire.

Well, that sounds cool since I've never heard about that. But that doesnt make SQ ending contradictory? Since Simon buried Dracula in the end? lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 04:42:12 PM »
Haha yes. That's part of problem with vampires. There's all sorts of contradictions. Some can walk in the sun, while some get destroyed by it, ect.

I'm not sure if that's why his body parts were scattered or not in SQ. that's just a way of prevent vampires from returning from the dead that I have heard of.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 05:20:52 PM »
Well, its good to know more about these things even if they are contradictory, we had a thread talking about why vampires doesnt appears in mirrors when I first joined here, it was a pretty good discussion :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: lelygax crazy idea