Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super CV IV - CV 1 & 3 Font and HUD  (Read 6575 times)

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« on: May 28, 2016, 04:05:13 PM »
I made a hack which changes the palette and HUD in Super Castlevania to be more like the ones used in Castlevania 1 and 3. Seperate patches for each one. The link is  here:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2874/

Pics are here:

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 07:26:49 PM »
Cool. It's great having a mostly uncompressed version of the game now.
If nothing else on the editor comes to fruition this alone is still an amazing thing to have.
"Stuff and things."

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 07:08:05 AM »
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2884/

Here's an update to the hack that I made. It changes item and weapon icons to look similar to CV1. Also changed Simons palette to be a simpler palette like in CV1. I also made a special edit to the end boss in a throwback to CV1.

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 07:25:48 AM »
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2884/

Here's an update to the hack that I made. It changes item and weapon icons to look similar to CV1. Also changed Simons palette to be a simpler palette like in CV1. I also made a special edit to the end boss in a throwback to CV1.

Looks fucking awesome man! I've been waiting for CV4 hacks fro a while (read your post about the editor that came out, gave me some hope!). I understand that hacking SNES game sis much harder, but I'm curious how the editor would work? I'm interested af to make some stuff for the game

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 08:26:50 AM »
I don't think it can edit many levels yet but he's still working on that. It has a way to go but he's gotten alot done in the short time that he has been developing it. He's already made a megaman x editor so I don't think he'll abandon this.

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 08:30:31 AM »
I don't think it can edit many levels yet but he's still working on that. It has a way to go but he's gotten alot done in the short time that he has been developing it. He's already made a megaman x editor so I don't think he'll abandon this.

Makes sense, cus sprite edits are much simpler than whole level editors. Hopefully he doesn't, cus it would just me incredible to ad to the game in tons of ways! Stages focusing a lot more on the swinging mechanic, stages with CV1-3 difficulty, or if possible, disable the whip power ups to even out the playing field and make the sub weapons way more handy

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 09:28:52 AM »
Here's screenshots from the rhdn page in case people wanna see the latest improvements.

Offline kurrono

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 05:45:35 PM »
Hey guys ahve u heard bout msu-1 ..guys i got hacked castlevania 4..msu1 let me know if u want the hack i got it..on my google drv..

Tags: