Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 1st Castlevania Dungeon Short Story Contest (EXTENDED til we get 5 participants)  (Read 16628 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Don't close the contest just yet, since I'm working on something myself.

But I do believe that 3500 words minimum is a bit heavy if you want to guarantee maximum participation.

Okay.
Well, you guys agreed before that 3500 words is ok.... /sad face

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
The deadline is fast approaching. Should I just stop this contest?

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
If Intersection is still working on his, I'd wait for him :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I have to be frank--I've gotten a good portion of my entry written, but it's not nearly at 3500 words just yet.

What's more, as I'm going along writing it, it wants to expand itself in ways I never initially thought of.

So, I'm unfortunately going to withdraw it as an entry here and post it as its own project in another thread or something.

I doubt I'd be able to condense it down into the wordcount limits and also manage to get its point across effectively in the short window of time I have left, and it's not looking like another extension would do much good since there are no true entries and only a couple known to be in the works.

Sorry about this, but I don't want to restrict the story I'm out to write, and forcing it into a smaller size within a matter of hours remaining will just hurt the piece.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
@Gunlord: Should this be extended for yet another month if Intersection wasn't able to post something on time?
@D9: It's fine. I'll read your story when I have the time.

I am thinking of making another literary contest that is way easier and can be done in a few minutes. hahahaha. So if this contest  closes, I'll just create a new one with the easiest thing that I have in mind.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
I wouldn't mind another extension, personally, since i learned about this contest relatively late (a few weeks ago, really). I've gotten a good amount of it written as well, but it isn't nearly as finished or as polished as I'd like. I can even send a proof of concept if ever you need it.

I really don't like the idea of being the only one competing, though. Why don't we just get rid of the word limits, since they seem to be so problematic? I mean, if D9 has something to contribute, we should just let him do so regardless of restrictions. And if time is still a problem, we might as well suspend the deadline indefinitely until we have enough completed entries for the judging process to begin.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:43:35 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Alright, I'll just keep extending the deadline until we get enough people. (at least 5?)
I've already turned the word count to no limits.
D9, would you want to repost your work here?

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
I don't see any reason not to with these developments.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Re: 1st Castlevania Dungeon Short Story Contest (EXTENDED til August 30)
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2016, 01:23:48 AM »
D9: Alright. :)

I've also changed the name of this topic to 1st since May was a long time ago. hahaha.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 01:58:54 PM »
I'm beginning to think there needs to be an award using the Chronomage sprite, and it needs to be given to Shiroi, "The Time Master who controls (and lately has to frequently postpone) the time allotted for contests"

Maybe everyone else on the forum needs an award using the stopwatch sprite, because we're "Frequently late for contests on the Dungeon Forum", or the Rare Ghost sprite because we "Rarely enter on time for contests on the Dungeon Forum."

:rollseyes: ;) :D

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 02:19:10 AM »
Hahaha. Thanks theANdROId. But that suggestion would be better received if posted here. :)

I want that bunny.  ;D

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Apologies for having sort of vanished from the boards for the most part this Summer.  Stuff kinda got in the way.  I'm interested in judging, if enties do end up getting submitted. :)
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
So is this still a thing? I didn't even know about this because I've hardly been in the Fan Stuff forum as of the last year or so. If it is, I'd be willing to write something out. I've been wanting to get back into the swing of it, anyway.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
@Tattered: I'll just write your name on the judge list whether or not people post stuff. :)

@Claimh: Yes. This is still a thing. I'm still waiting for more participants other than D9.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Is this still a thing? I am definitely interested in participating if it is.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Tags:

anything