Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: The Adventure on 3DS Eshop.  (Read 6623 times)

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: January 15, 2013, 12:08:59 AM »
Greetings All,

I just wanted to let you all know that if you own A 3DS that Castlevania: The Adventure is on the 3DS Eshop for 2.99. It adds A nifty little create A save point feature considering the game is famously difficult. Not for Level design, but for cheap jumps and overwhelming odds. I personally have been enjoying the game and its the only Castlevania title on the 3DS at the moment. There has been talk about releasing the much more praised sequel Castlevania II: Belmont’s Revenge. So yeah just A heads up to those who didnt know.

Take Care
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: The Adventure on 3DS Eshop.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 04:26:20 AM »
I have the original release boxed for Gameboy, the game gets a bad rep due to Chris's slow walking nature. The jumping deficiencies can be overcome by jumping just as you're about to walk off the edge of a platform, and really stage 3 is probably the hardest in the entire game till you memorize the stage layour and how fast the spikes move in accordance to you.

Also moving this to CV Discussion as it does pertain to CV.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:37:53 AM »
+2
when the hell is Castlevania 1 3D coming out damnit

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 08:06:49 AM »

I'm wondering when is Konami gonna jump on this 'X' (cross) bandwagon that everyone's been on. I'm curious to see what they'd come up with.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:08:26 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 01:55:26 PM »

Ah, Crisis. Ive read A few other posts of yours and I must say. I am A fan of yours. The way you stood up to that member who was trying to overprice us says A lot about your character and I respect that. As for what you said, YES. I agree 100% The Wii virtual console had A remake..I want the first one so badddddd on 3DS.

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »
I'm wondering when is Konami gonna jump on this 'X' (cross) bandwagon that everyone's been on. I'm curious to see what they'd come up with.

Im afraid I dont understand =/ Can you explain it for me XD

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 02:02:18 PM »
I have the original release boxed for Gameboy, the game gets a bad rep due to Chris's slow walking nature. The jumping deficiencies can be overcome by jumping just as you're about to walk off the edge of a platform, and really stage 3 is probably the hardest in the entire game till you memorize the stage layour and how fast the spikes move in accordance to you.

Also moving this to CV Discussion as it does pertain to CV.

Oh yeah, his back foot needs to be hanging on barley to make some of those jumps. It only has 4 stages but it was certainly worth what I paid. The waslking pace is really slow though. I cant even defend that haha. Dracula's Bat form was pretty tough but his first for was A pushover IMO.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 02:16:58 PM »
Im afraid I dont understand =/ Can you explain it for me XD

Just making a sort of joke comment. lol You know how there's been Marvel vs. Capcom, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Street Fighter X Tekken, Street Fighter X Megaman, and there was a Namco X Capcom only released in Japan a few years ago. I actually am a little curious to see what kind of cross action (haha, puns) Konami could come up with for old CV.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 02:22:30 PM »
The Wii virtual console had A remake..I want the first one so badddddd on 3DS.

Me too, friend, me too.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 03:37:05 PM »
Just making a sort of joke comment. lol You know how there's been Marvel vs. Capcom, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Street Fighter X Tekken, Street Fighter X Megaman, and there was a Namco X Capcom only released in Japan a few years ago. I actually am a little curious to see what kind of cross action (haha, puns) Konami could come up with for old CV.

Oh, I concur completely. Although Konami never seem to keen on sharing there characters in other media lol. Like imagine Simon Belmont or Alucard in The Next Smash Bros. Series. It Worked wonders with Solid Snake. Hell, put Gabriel Belmont in there.

Offline MathUser

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 07:33:59 AM »
It's cool that this is available and all but I don't like playing it without my "speedup, retain whip after being hit" patch. You can find that here:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/190/