Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Castlevania Advance Collection
« Last post by GuyStarwind on Today at 05:16:46 PM »
I didn't really see any cool extra goodies like the first collection had. There's some artwork and a music player but not behind the scenes and concepts like the first one had.
« Last post by Kamirine on Today at 04:46:22 PM »
Nice!  Grab it tonight on Switch and get in a little HoD.
« Last post by Reinhart77 on Today at 04:26:42 PM »
Collection coming out today with Dracula X in the mix.
dang, i wasn’t expecting today  :o
« Last post by GuyStarwind on Today at 03:27:08 PM »
Collection coming out today with Dracula X in the mix.
General Castlevania Discussion / Making the Sega Saturn game more playable
« Last post by Bloo on Today at 10:34:26 AM »
Symphony of the Night received a second release on the Sega Saturn. Everybody knows that it has a little bit of extra content, a lot of extra bugs, and a major drop in graphical fidelity. Those issues are unavoidable, but it is still a "more complete" version of SotN that some people will definitely enjoy.
Luckily it seems a few talents in the romhacking community have produced 2 different patches, both of which have their own take on improving the experience of playing the game. Unfortunately it seems the two aren't compatible or anything like that at this moment, but both releases are compatible with hardware and emulation.

Nocturne in the Moonlight Extended by paul_met

"Main features:

Restoration of translucency of many objects;
English translation of some elements;
Direct access to the global map;
Finalization of the global map;
Restoration of the original proportions of some sprites;
Removing horizontal black bars of the screen;
Skipping videos and dialogues;
Access to Richter’s alternate costume;
Reduced loading time;
Support for 4MB expansion card;
Bug fixes;"

This version does not translate any dialogue, just menu elements. It is more focused on improving the playability and graphical effects of the game, which it does in many ways.

Dracula X English Translation by Knight0fDragon

This version is attempting to be a more complete English translation of the game experience. The dialogue text and menus are translated, but no English voices yet. While it lacks some of the quality of life features and speedups the other hack has, it still has its own host of improvements (which aren't organized in the thread so I didn't copy paste it all here)

I prefer the "Extended" version myself, but I greatly recommend checking out both versions if you're at all interested in the Sega Saturn release. Nothing can really fix the stretched out graphics yet but that can kinda mostly be circumvented with a good CRT filter. It's fantastic that people are actively working on this game and that these patches exist.
« Last post by X on Today at 10:01:00 AM »
Well this is Konami we're talking about here. They haven't been making smart decisions for quite some time now. Dracula XX could've been released as part of Requiem or as mentioned before in another thread, The Dracula X Chronicles. And that was the one thing I noticed about the Anniversary collection. There was no CV Legends. They could've bundled that game with the collection instead of Kid Dracula. I wouldn't have minded honestly.
« Last post by Reinhart77 on Yesterday at 09:16:29 PM »
a very weird choice, ha.  Legends would make more sense, being a handheld title that didn’t make it in the Anniversary Collection.
« Last post by Aceearly1993 on Yesterday at 08:33:13 PM »
Wait. There's rumor that Dracula XX would come along with the GBA titles. Any confirmation about it?

Dracula XX sounds like a weird choice anyway. They could make more generally acceptable choices like porting the ORIGINAL ORIGINAL Akumajo Dracula X68000, or Castlevania Rebirth.
« Last post by PFG9000 on Yesterday at 03:00:00 PM »
oo, more leaks, this time with a cover photo showing Nathan, Juste, and Soma, as well as the US region.

Of course maybe they just made up their own placeholder cover in anticipation that the game might come out.  You know, it would be kind of odd to call it the Advance Collection if it came to non-Nintendo platforms.  Are Microsoft/Sony ok with this?

https://www.altchar.com/game-news/castlevania-advance-collection-once-again-appears-online-acDzB1W2Gdvf

Update:  Looks like the retail listing was removed:

https://nintendowire.com/news/2021/09/22/castlevania-advance-collection-box-briefly-appears-on-retailer-website/

Well, crap.  That just about confirms it's just the GBA titles.  I'll still buy it and play it to death of course.  But I was really hoping it would include the DS games too.
« Last post by Dark Nemesis on Yesterday at 02:10:08 PM »
We are talking about playasia who is listing anything for pre-order and some times it never ever becomes available, so i would wait for the official announcement and take this picture with a grain of salt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
anything