Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania & Contra ReBirth OST  (Read 13591 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:22:04 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?uj0zzjgyuux

If anyone's interested.

VBR 320kbps MP3
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:29:44 AM »
Ooh! I didn't have the Contra one yet. Thanks! ^_^
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 10:54:39 AM »
I was looking for this one myself.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:52:36 PM »
much appreciated, and enjoying it. Nice jungle theme remix for Contra. And I like the choices of CV songs remixed on CV Rebirth..

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 04:31:08 PM »
The extra 'medley' tracks are pretty damn sweet.
Battle of the Holy sounds really good in the old Konami synth style... so why the hell didn't they use it in the game?
If I have the time I might just remake the game in game maker just so I can have Battle of the Holy in there.

Edit: Is there a Gradius ReBirth OST to go along with these?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
Quote from: me on AC
So let me get this straight.  Konami created a game called Castlevania Adventure ReBirth, which--in theory--touts itself as a remake of the first CV Adventure Gameboy game.  They also created a rendition of "Battle of the Holy" specifically for this game, on the same Sega Genesis-ish soundfont and everything as the rest of the in-game soundtrack, but they didn't use in the final build of the game.

WHAT

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 05:43:12 PM »
Yeah, CV ReBirth could've really used more tunes from the two Game Boy games. It's kind of retarded that they aren't there; I'd take those over the same old songs over and over (although the use of "Load BGM" is kind of fun for a level).

I don't have the Gradius ReBirth soundtrack. Never really played the games, so I don't know how the music is.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »
I'd take those over the same old songs over and over (although the use of "Load BGM" is kind of fun for a level).

Also, Reincarnated Souls is f a n t as t i c. Though it doesn't belong in this game. So while I love the song, I kinda do not approve of it being in Rebirth instead of Battle of the Holy. Especially not now that I realise that they actually had Battle of the Holy in mind. Why the hell did they scrap it? They could've made one extra stage - even a super short one - just to have it in there.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
If it was me I would have used Load BGM for an actual menu, moved Reincarnated Soul to stage four, and of course used Battle of the Holy for stage 1. Load BGM would have worked better as a stage theme in a Metroidvania for one of those more mellow stages.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 10:27:48 PM »
"Reincarnated Soul" is a great piece, I just think that, yeah, it's very out of place. And how many times do we have to hear "Vampire Killer", y'know? I realize it's the most well-known song and is basically THE Castlevania theme song, but this game was supposed to be an homage to The Adventure and Belmont's Revenge, so...why no redone music from those games? And why no ropes, for that matter? Why wasn't it just "Castlevania ReBirth" instead of "Castlevania: THE ADVENTURE ReBirth"? Is it only because of the fireball you can shoot out of your whip?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 12:15:35 AM »
I think it's because they didn't want to do the CV1 story for the 10 billionth time.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 07:56:59 PM »
But my point is, if they're going to make Castlevania: The Adventure/Dracula Densetsu ReBirth, they ought to have more tunes from the Dracula Densetsu games, and have ropes instead of stairs, and all that such. ReBirth feels more like a regular CV game to me than a Dracula Densetsu one, save for the fireball whip.

Oh well. I can't complain too much, because the songs in the game are marvelous. Particularly "A Lullaby Sent to the Devils". I think I like this version even more than the original arcade rendition, and if I'm not mistaken, it was the score ranking music in Haunted Castle. I just like the game's use of non-stage music for stages, the other example being "Load BGM". It's a strange twist, and one I think works very well. Allows the songs to shine a little more.

Also, some people have had problems with track 12, so I uploaded that separately:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ylzdwinmdly
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 08:09:44 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »
I agree they should have had more of the GB music.
They did a good job as is, but for me that Load BGM is just a bit too out of place.
I think the ropes should have been included, but not as a replacement to stairs.
They should have been included in the same way, ironically, that stairs should have been included in the original.
With only ropes is makes the game seem more like Castlevania X Megaman than a true Castlevania.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 09:36:48 PM »
Just finished listening to the soundtrack and...what the hell??! Battle of the Holy is an extra track and NOT the first level track?? What is IGA thinking, let alone doing??! I also heard the extra songs for Contra rebirth. I thought it was sweet that they stuck in the stage 1 music from Contra Force aka Arc Hound into the sound track. Also the ending theme from Operation C was nice too. But I do wish that the sound tracks were of greater quality rather then sounding like they came straight out of the arcade machine.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »
I think the style really has a certain charm to it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:54:51 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Tags: