Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Am I the only one who doesn't like 2.5D?  (Read 6853 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Am I the only one who doesn't like 2.5D?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 07:39:58 PM »
yes thats all fine and good but the minute I woulda said the art in demons blade or odin sphere was sprite some wise ass woulda posted about how it wasnt sprites it was hand drawn art work... You cant win with symatics in stuff like this

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 07:51:18 PM »
Or, you could just educate them and call 'em out on their idiocy if they try to be a wise-ass about it. :P
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 04:52:42 AM »

Klonoa, Strider 2, Ultimate G'n'G and Tombi 2 would like a word with this thread...

But really, I do prefer traditional 2D, but there are some incredible 2.5D games out there. I do hope they stick with traditional 2D for Castlevania though. The 2,5D in DXC seemed unnecessary.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
Except Shadow Complex actually fucks up 2.5D something hardcore, and can never quite tell the difference between when you're trying to aim at some enemy in the backdrop or straight up at the ceiling.

The bright red aiming laser pointer wasn't enough of a hint for you?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
I have no real problems with 2.5D games but I'll always have a heart for my good ol' fashoned 2D.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything