Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ever wanted to own "Castlevania IV" uncensored?  (Read 14870 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Ever wanted to own "Castlevania IV" uncensored?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 08:32:20 PM »
So not only is it a good game, but it also has good security?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 08:32:58 PM »
There isn't even ONE hack of it, is there?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:53 PM »
There was someone a while back who was attempting to make a more 'darker' coloration for SCV4. Giving Simon a more paler skin-tone and making the green vegitation look brown and rotten. I don't think that the website exists anymore and the last time I was there was back in 2003. I don't recall the first name of the site but it was later called 'The Accursed Seal'. I've tried looking for it but no luck recently. At the time I was always checking up on SCV4's recolor progress and it was looking really good too. Even now I can still see the depth of the darker tones and I still want to play that hack. But the auther stopped due to some sort of issue and the site dissappeared on me.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 01:44:44 AM »
Also, if it's just 1 copy then why is it listed as In Stock if it was already purchased?

Oh well, I put an order in anyway and it accepted it. So either they have multiple copies or I just wont get one.

I'm certain it was just one copy and that the site gets updated manually. It's all run by one guy. What's pictured is the actual item up for sale.

This isn't the case with new items, but used items I think it's just individual listings.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline csgx1

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »
I'm certain it was just one copy and that the site gets updated manually. It's all run by one guy. What's pictured is the actual item up for sale.

This isn't the case with new items, but used items I think it's just individual listings.

You are right, since the button to buy it is gone now.  Good price and I'm surprised that it took this long for someone to buy it.  Saved me from forking out more money. ;D

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »
You are right, since the button to buy it is gone now.  Good price and I'm surprised that it took this long for someone to buy it.  Saved me from forking out more money. ;D

Well then I guess it's my buddy who got it since he got the email confirming it was being shipped. I ordered it, but I never got the email notifying me of the shipping date. Oh well, as long as I'm not charged for something I never recieve, I don't care.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »
Quote from: Thunderbird
Well then I guess it's my buddy who got it since he got the email confirming it was being shipped. I ordered it, but I never got the email notifying me of the shipping date. Oh well, as long as I'm not charged for something I never recieve, I don't care.

I've had this game for quite a while, I didn't know it was so rare. I never noticed any major differences, just few things here 'n there

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »
Not rare, just usually goes for more money.

And I think Otaku.com only accepts PayPal, so, if you ordered...then you must have sent payment, heh. In which case you'd have to ask for a refund (though I'm sure Alex is already on top of that if he did receive payment for an item he doesn't have).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 04:07:08 PM »
I don't know... it's not like the statues were really something to look at (they were just background objects and subtle at best).  I also did not like the font they used as much as the cleaner USA version.

The whip does sound better, though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 04:11:31 PM »
Yeah the whip is the only change that really stands out since you hear the sound over and over.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 04:17:15 PM »
Eh. If I want this version, I can always easily put it on my Wii.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Yep, you guys were right...it was only 1 copy. I guess I "ordered" mine before he changed the quantity on the site. So my friend got it afterall---funny thing is, I'm the one who told him about it in the first place! LOL. Oh well...if I didn't get it, I'm very glad he did. I can always search elsewhere online, just will be hard to find it at that price.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Tags: