Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What is your favorite castlevania game?  (Read 25258 times)

Offline awack

• Awards
Re: What is your favorite castlevania game?
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2008, 02:09:39 PM »
Rondo of blood for the pc engine, i prefer the classic style castlevanias and none of the ones i have played are on the same level of rondos gameplay or aesthetics in my opinion.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2008, 03:19:12 PM »
When I was a little kid I was in love with the fictional character Dracula and vampires in gen. Castlevania had all the elements I wanted, vampire hunters, undead, ghost, demons. The gothic atmosphere has always appealed to me ever since I was a child. Why? I don't know, it was just, something that drew me in, but it's as if I cannot explain it.

But it also because of it's storyline and gameplay mainly.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2008, 11:36:32 AM »
I think Curse of Darkness is my fave game. Perhaps Aria of Sorrow. I like the Ayami Kojima art.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2008, 09:12:11 AM »
In Reply To #44

*cough*SotN*cough*
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Genya Arikado

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2008, 09:15:50 AM »
I'm am such a black sheep. I have never played SotN :-\, but im getting the rom for it. :)

Stalker

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2008, 08:27:49 AM »
CastleVania III: Dracula's Curse is my fave CV game. After that I think the first one comes :3

Mr Cappucino

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »
My favourite is my first Castlevania - Bloodlines. It's not very difficult but it's fun to play through. I prefer the classic style to the Metroidvania style - seperate stages seem to be able to cater for more variety in stages, since (like in Bloodlines) the stages can be set in various places, whereas in Metroidvania the whole game tends to be confined to the castle, limiting the variety in areas (I guess this was what they were trying to sort out in PoR).

Plus the music in Bloodlines is really good :) I'd love to hear Prayer of a Tragic Queen and Calling From Heaven arranged for a new game.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2008, 12:47:14 PM »
Super Castlevania 4 and AoS.
Both were amazing and innovative for me IMO.
 :o

*especially Aos, I had not played something so kick-ass in a while back then*

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 10:21:50 AM »
To this day my fav CV has been simons quest, just the tons of exploring i loved.
SOTN comes in second, it still had exploration yes, but it was all inside the freaken castle and i like more enviroments then just being in a castle.

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »
Super Castlevania IV

~ First CV game I ever played through that I could replay again and again and again without once getting tired of it. - Still can't to this day, as a matter of fact. And the first time I ever really sat up and took notice of one of the series' greatest traditions: The soundtrack. Must've spent the better part of the last two decades searching for it on CD before special ordering it in San Francisco's Japantown.

Other than that, close faves of mine are CV II: Simon's Quest (thought it was a MASSIVE improvement over the first game), Portrait of Ruin, Castlevania Chronicles, Bloodlines, Belmont's Revenge and Castlevania 64/Legacy of Darkness. I also enjoyed Lament of Innocence. -Kudos for a decent attempt at giving the series a beginning, and the best score from Yamane-san to date.

And don't nobody feel too black sheep-ish here. - I have yet to play Dracula X. And even with the PSP remake, I probably never will get the original experience. *s i g h*

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »
Do not feel too bad, i can not even afford a PSP to play it, i doubt ill ever have a chance to play the PSP one.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2008, 02:06:29 AM »
Do not feel too bad, i can not even afford a PSP to play it, i doubt ill ever have a chance to play the PSP one.

You can get some used PSP's at Gamestop for really cheap. I got mine for only 120 bucks, though I had to wait awhile till I could afford a memory stick to play anything though it's still a good deal if you can find one.
_______________________________________ ______________

McDeath

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2008, 07:41:45 AM »
It's confusing even if they did translate it right (which they supposedly did on the WVC version). Whoever decided that the method to call the tornado was a good idea should be drug out into the street and shot. Not to mention the whole oak stake crap.

HOW THE HELL WAS ANY REASONABLE PERSON SUPPOSED TO FIGURE OUT ANY OF THAT?!?

But yeah...other than those oversights, it's a good game.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »
Castlevania 3, hands down.  I love Castlevania IV (and the music) and I adore SOTN (and the music) but my first love was and will always be Castlevania 3.  And the song Mad Forest. XD
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2008, 10:03:54 PM »
My favorite?

Legacy of Darkness for Nintendo 64.

I can play that game over and over again with all the characters. It's awesome because it has an interesting story(or stories, rather), and each character has unique abilities, and has a story of his/her own. I'd also like to refer to Jorge's old list of reasons the N64 Castlevania's rock.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Tags: