Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SOTN total percentage  (Read 14474 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:16:59 PM »
Gonna ask some total n00b questions here, which is insane considering I've been playing this game since 1998.

I've played Symphony of the Night SEVERAL times, but never cared enough to do all of the glitches and such. Well, suddenly I feel inspired to do EVERYTHING one could possibly do in this game—max percentage, every dropped item, see whatever crazy glitches exist, etc.

What I wanna know is (and I'm so blitzed right now I really don't have the energy or brainpower to do my own Google searches), is there a single comprehensive source which covers absolutely everything I'd ever need to know about this game—preferably a site (not just a text document) that'll easily, readably inform me?

There is a text document on the Dungeon that's probably totally comprehensive and maybe I just gotta put up with scrolling through text. It's just I'd prefer to do shiz looking at my phone, and a text file is very devastating for such.

Some questions:

According to GameFAQs, you can start the game with certain items or stats if you play the prolog a certain way. I'm wondering, if I input the X-X!V''Q name for the major luck increase, can I still get the boosted stats if I don't collect any subweapons and not get hit, or does the name input void that? Also, can you take action to get multiple results—like get the upped stats and start with all the bonus items all in one fell swoop?

Anyway, whatever tips or resources ya folks can give me would be ultra appreciated. What's the highest percentage one could possibly get anyway?

Also, do the percentage completions vary between the US and JP releases at all? I have both.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
Well the Japanese version has those 2 special Familiars. I think the early releases of the US version still have their data in the game, but it's unusable or something.

So there's that.

And the Saturn version which adds 2 areas, (4 if you count the inverted versions) new enemies, and a few new items, effectively boosting the completion rate.

But I dont think you had that version in mind.

As far as the map goes, theres always the "outside the map" glitch things to get more map completion, as well as the leftover unused area for what WOULD have been the entrance to the Underground Garden in the PSX game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:27:46 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 12:19:27 AM »
Holy pooballs.

Mist-Up
"The newest tech for Symphony of the Night! The new max. percentage is 425.4% Simply gain a level-up while on the ceiling, in mist form."

This, uh...kinda disheartens me from trying to do EVERYTHING one can do in the game, ha ha.

I can't even imagine the amount of time it'd take to do this.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 12:32:49 AM »
Worldbeyondwalls is pretty cool, if you've never checked out that site. They get some ridiculous stuff going. Pretty cool actually, I wish I had the patience to mess around with the glitching thing.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:37:14 AM by DoctaMario »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 03:00:48 AM »
First, the percentage for both versions, is the same. Second, if you input the luck code, you can't get any bonus stats. For me the best bonus is to kill Dracula under 1 minute and without getting hit, it gives you boosted HP/MP/hearts/str/con/int/luck. If you are lucky and kill him at 45 seconds you'll get better str/con/int/luck boost.

These are the stats you get if you kill Dracula in over 1 minute and getting hit.

And these are the stats you get if you kill Dracula in less than 1 minute and without getting hit.

Here is a video, that i am playing, showing how to kill Dracula in less than 1 minute, without getting hit. Sorry for the low quality, but i recorded with me phone.

Castlevania Symphony of The Night - Richter Perfect Fast Dracula Victory
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:05:10 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 06:36:16 AM »
If you've beaten the game, you can try and keep your Alucard equipment, which is an awesome glitch but it might take you a restart to get right (which on a real PSX is kinda annoying):

-Input the LUCK Code (LUCKY - no bonus stats after the Drac battle)
-Race through the grand hallway and the merman's lair.  DEFEAT NO ENEMIES.
-Stop you come up to the Phantom Bat hallway with the Wargs.
-Defeat the first warg.
-Jump over the 2nd warg (do not let it bite you), take the hit.
-Immediately jump into your menu.
-Remove all of your equipment except the one that boosts your luck.  You want the lowest STR and CON stat possible.
-Unpause the game, stand somewhat close to the Warg but not too close (about two tiles).  The warg will turn around.
-Eventually the warg will snarl and do a biting attack.  If the attack doesn't kill you, it'll hurt like a MOFO but send you flying in pain.

If you're lucky, from that spot, you will fly past the rest of the wargs, and zip through the Phantom Bat door, past the Werewolf pit (where Death normally would welcome you and take your items away) and to the East Entrance Tower.

At this point the music will sound like Death is around.  Climb the tower, go left, and DO NOT FALL INTO THE SMALL PIT and go to the room with the two skeletons (Short Sword and Red Rust skeletons).  Do not go into your menu just yet... but you should have all your equipment still.  Defeat the skeleton(s) and make your way to the SAVE POINT.

You now will have kept your Alucard equipment.  However, if you go back to the werewolf pit you will crash the game.  To get past this, just make your way to the Alchemy Lab. Once you are in the Lab, turn right around and go back to the Entrance's save point.  Normally you entering the lab triggers the "oh snap Slogra and Gaibon are now hanging out at the entrance for a while" flag.  Since you just saved, head back to the werewolf pit and you should not crash the game, because Slogra and Gaibon will be there.  Fight them and you can continue the game.

Notes:  The "Werewolf Pit" is the spot where, in Rondo of Blood, you fight the Werewolf.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »
For me the best bonus is to kill Dracula under 1 minute and without getting hit, it gives you boosted HP/MP/hearts/str/con/int/luck. If you are lucky and kill him at 45 seconds you'll get better str/con/int/luck boost.

I thought that the means for getting the best stats were not taking a hit, not pivking up a sub weapon and not letting Maria resurrect you should you die fighting Dracula. I never had to worry about the time thing and I'm preety sure that I've wasted more then a minute killing Dracula yet still getting the best stats (I kinda like to play around during the battle  ;D)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 09:12:25 AM »
I thought that the means for getting the best stats were not taking a hit, not pivking up a sub weapon and not letting Maria resurrect you should you die fighting Dracula. I never had to worry about the time thing and I'm preety sure that I've wasted more then a minute killing Dracula yet still getting the best stats (I kinda like to play around during the battle  ;D)

OK, let's see....

These are the stats you get, if you beat Dracula in over one minute, having collect a subweapon and not getting hit.

Here are the stats you get, if you do what you said, beat Dracula without a subweapon and avoid getting hit in over 1 minute.

Finally, these are the stats you can get, if you do what i said and did in the video above.

Compare them and see for yourself what method gives you the best results.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »
Oh I see the difference now. I was only checking out the life meter and not paying attention to the magic or heart meters. I guess there was one more thing the game guide failed to mention... I think I'd better start up a new game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:11 PM »
If you want the best Map % just open memhack with epsxe and the US SOTN ISO, bring up the map, and change the values found at THESE ADDRESSES to fill in more white spots on the map (NOTE: adding 174000 to these addresses (hexadecimal type) should turn them into a valid PCSX address):

9bf0d0
9bf0d4
9bf0d8
9bf0dC

You now have the ability fill in EVERY map space, by just changing a #, and WITHOUT spending hours glitching the game. Which will give you a LOT more than 400%. That is time that you can then put to better use..... like making money..... or getting some booty.

....................... you're welcome.  :P  8)

World without walls

Lol, some of those people absolutely hate me there. Mostly because I was able to do what took them literally YEARS to do, in several seconds using some quick value changing.  And yet after I did so, they tried to turn around and say that my method was invalid because "I cheated" and yet they considered their methods of using glitches to be more valid. How absurd. :-\
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:42:03 AM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »
+1
Lol, some of those people absolutely hate me there. Mostly because I was able to do what took them literally YEARS to do, in several seconds using some quick value changing.  And yet after I did so, they tried to turn around and say that my method was invalid because "I cheated" and yet they considered their methods of using glitches to be more valid. How absurd. :-\

I can totally understand where they're coming from. Discovering glitches in any game takes a certain level of skill, time/patience...and insanity. And SOTN rewarding some of the glitching with further map completion is a pretty big "accomplishment." It's pretty crazy and I'd never wanna play games like that (a. it's not fun; and b. it's an immense waste of time), but in a way I respect and am intrigued by it.

Changing some values to uncover the whole map...doesn't impress the same way, heh. It's still interesting for sure, but I can see why that'd be considered "cheating." It doesn't involve the farting around that normal glitch-discovery does.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »
I can totally understand where they're coming from. Discovering glitches in any game takes a certain level of skill, time/patience...and insanity. And SOTN rewarding some of the glitching with further map completion is a pretty big "accomplishment." It's pretty crazy and I'd never wanna play games like that (a. it's not fun; and b. it's an immense waste of time), but in a way I respect and am intrigued by it.

I agree with most of what you say above, with the exception of that last highlighted sentence: I just have never been intrigued by glitching at all. The only use I see for it, is to help bug test a game, and ensure that the programmer fixes them. I just get no joy from it. But to each his own I guess.

On a side note: I do find it ironic how my post above was geared towards helping someone, and spreading a tiny bit of knowledge around... and yet I look at it today and it has received a negative 1 rating from someone. SMH, what a joke.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »
+1
I'll give it a +. Now it's neutral. :)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »
I'll give it a +. Now it's neutral. :)

Lol, thanks. I returned the favor... as you can see.  8)

EDIT: Wow, now it is back to -1 and so is this post. Lol, too funny. Maybe I should pretend I care now.  :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:27:12 PM by Esco »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »
what does "SMH" mean, Esco..?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything