Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: First Video of PSP DXC SoTN adult Maria!!! ^_^  (Read 19145 times)

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: First Video of PSP DXC SoTN adult Maria!!! ^_^
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 01:10:16 PM »
The press has been saying that many secrets were changed for the remake, so people who have already played Rondo will have something other than new graphics to look forward to.

Even though Richter basically looks like he did in Rondo, his animations were greatly improved and expanded for Symphony.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:30:34 PM by le052383 »

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »
In Reply To #16
Exactly. Even the saturn Maria had more animation than Richter.

To compare, Richter has 3 frames for idle stance. New maria hard to tell since she barely stands still, but from the video I'd judge at least 10 frames. Richter's walk/run both had 8 frames. New maria seems to have around 16-20.

Steve

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 02:27:47 PM »
In Reply To #17

Haha, I was just waiting for Serio to swoop in with his numerical analysis. I guess I'll have to take your word for it for now.

Her stiff-legged jumping sprite still bugs me, though.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 02:44:36 PM »
Why does it seem like they always pick the person that has no fuckin clue how to play the game to do the vids?

Anyway she looks good from what I can see in the blurry vid.

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »
good eyes!  yes psp sotn Maria definitely has animations as good or better than SOTN Richter.  ^_^

itr's true,  the POR artist was either talented or lucky or both to choose the right sprite design and animations for PSP SOTN MARIA.   ^_^    :)

mgfcortez

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 04:31:03 PM »
In Reply To #9

Also we don't know if she is like Richter with no story or something new.Don't forget that Konamy said that it has new modes,items,enemies and plus more.For me she is very beautiful like she is now.

i like the sprite it looks very cool:)
but you can tell it won't have a story IMHO but i hope i'm wrong;)
but it would be so easy to give them a story line:(
and it would take to much more work nether why couldn't they do it:(
richter's story could be when he disappeared,he could go thro the castle and see things.lol
he could talk to ppl who aren't there,to show he's losing his mind then fight shaft like his old game and show shaft take him over.

and maria could have the same story as alucards only from her side of the story.

but they should get a few boss to fight themself just to make there game more like a whole new game.
but oh well we'll brobly just get the same as SOTN for psx:(
but lets hope there new badys and stages in it:)
even if there not i'll love it but i'll miss alucards old vocie:(

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 04:33:46 PM »
I liked both version, but its clear that her game isn't from Maria's side of the story when the guy still say "O Prince."

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 04:37:31 PM »
either way the can't give Maria her own sidestory cause she fights the same bosses (except a few like werewolf/minotaur) it would have to contradict itself, which I wouldn't mind.  Resident Evil 1 had two perspectives that contradicted each other and it worked fine.

but alas, that is not the focus of this package.  anyways I would just ignore that that boat guy says and pretend he's just a deaf, blind and dumb fossil.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 08:42:08 AM »
HOORAY :O The 4:3 ratio is intact.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 09:21:38 AM »
This is actually a bad thing. Originally sotn is in 256x240, not 320x240. The psx copy stretched the screen with hardware to fill the ratio, while the saturn one did that by stretching the sprites.

I hope they didn't do it the way they did saturn sotn.

But still I guess this means it won't be possible to rip the sprites with the screenshot method if there ever is a psp emulator or someone gets to rip them with the tv out stuff.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2007, 11:59:16 AM »
Speaking of her Saturn version i spotted this detail while i was watching her video on PSP.At the Saturn version Maria was able to carry 999 hearts,while on PSP version she can only carry 99 hearts.Knowing how weak she is and with the hearts limitation,it will be harder now to play with her.
Ruler of Chaos

Steve

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »
Konami's shooter collections allow you to play at a variety of resolutions from screen-filling to the exact original dimensions.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 12:28:30 PM »
In Reply To #25

Well I do have screen capture though my psp when on custom firmware.

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 01:24:32 PM »
In Reply To #16
Exactly. Even the saturn Maria had more animation than Richter.

To compare, Richter has 3 frames for idle stance. New maria hard to tell since she barely stands still, but from the video I'd judge at least 10 frames. Richter's walk/run both had 8 frames. New maria seems to have around 16-20.

Where ... are you pulling your numbers?  You're right on Richter, but in SotN Maria had 8 frames for her run, just like Richter.  They used these same frames in the Saturn version, and they're using them again here in the video.  And you can tell since she runs at the same speed and pace as Richter, whereas, if Alucard ran at that speed, it would be noticeably smoother (since he uses twice as many frames).  Maria's walk had 12 frames in SotN for reference (this was used, again in the Saturn version).  From the video, it doesn't look like Maria will even have a walk in the PSP version, but rather just auto-dashes like Ricther in PoR.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 01:46:43 PM »
Where ... are you pulling your numbers?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 01:57:12 PM by Serio »

Tags:

anything